Boss fuse plus...

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

A.G.

I burn my boss fuse once in awhile with 763HC. Looked all over for a reason why, taped every suspect rub, etc. I am really rough on the machine, it has foam filled, and once in awhile the electro magentic brake engages, and stops me instantly. But the Boss doesn't seem to jibe with that problem. Recently, while using the backhoe, suddenly the rear stabs would not respond. Only if the seatbar was down. Could not cancel it out, with the buttons and operate from the backhoe seat. The backhoe would work, but not the rear stabs. If anybody has any ideas, I would apprecieate it. Thanks, A.G.

StuZ

Is it the BOSS (Monitor) or the BICS (Safety) fuse that is blown ?? From what your saying, it sounds more like the BICS has a problem. Are all the green lights on behind your right elbow ?? Check really close the switch and wiring at the over ride switch too.

OP
OP
A

A.G.

Is it the BOSS (Monitor) or the BICS (Safety) fuse that is blown ?? From what your saying, it sounds more like the BICS has a problem. Are all the green lights on behind your right elbow ?? Check really close the switch and wiring at the over ride switch too.
You are right, its BICS not BOSS. Checked wiring at overide switch, it looks ok. I will go after the seat bar switch next. I just love intermittent electrical glitches. Thanks StuZ, A.G.

StuZ

You are right, its BICS not BOSS. Checked wiring at overide switch, it looks ok. I will go after the seat bar switch next. I just love intermittent electrical glitches. Thanks StuZ, A.G.
Another thing you might check, tip the cab back, and on top of the gearbox is the park solenoid. It's held on with 2 bolts on a flange looking mount. Take that off and check to see if the plunger is sticky, or bench check it with a battery. Other than a short, the solenoid would pull the most amps.

OP
OP
A

A.G.

Another thing you might check, tip the cab back, and on top of the gearbox is the park solenoid. It's held on with 2 bolts on a flange looking mount. Take that off and check to see if the plunger is sticky, or bench check it with a battery. Other than a short, the solenoid would pull the most amps.
I think you nailed it Stu. I was feeling around the traction lock solenoid for a bad wire, and got cut. The top of the thing had popped out, and is sharper than a razor. Full of dirt, and who knows what else. I am going to change it out, and see what it does. This stopping in a heartbeat has to end. It is far worse than any bumper car ride. Thanks, A.G.

OP
OP
A

A.G.

I think you nailed it Stu. I was feeling around the traction lock solenoid for a bad wire, and got cut. The top of the thing had popped out, and is sharper than a razor. Full of dirt, and who knows what else. I am going to change it out, and see what it does. This stopping in a heartbeat has to end. It is far worse than any bumper car ride. Thanks, A.G.
Not it, now I am thinking about the valve. Couple times before the fuse blew I lost the valve on the bics. Restarting it would let me go again. I am ready to shoot that sucker! AAAARRGHHH!!!! A.G.