Bobcat won’t start.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

RIGHT NO START with the bleeder open sounds like a fuel soloind not opening the injectors
to fire no ciodes press the headlight button see if u get codes
Finally got a chance to press the headlight button,couldn't do it before since it's been dark every night by the time I got home and the Bobcat broke down quite a ways away from the house. Anyway, I got error code 03-09,low battery. I guess that's because of the many times I tried to start it!? I also moved the fuel solenoid by hand but that didn't do anything.

Tazza

Staff member
no smoke means no fuel is getting to your injectors.

Spin it over and give it a shot of ether, if you get it to pop, it shows you have air and compression.

I'd crack a line to an injector and spin it over, see if you get any fuel out of the line.

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

Spin it over and give it a shot of ether, if you get it to pop, it shows you have air and compression.

I'd crack a line to an injector and spin it over, see if you get any fuel out of the line.
Thanks,will give it a try!

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

Ok,I got it started with ether but then it shut right back off again,seems like it's starving for fuel. So I think it's either the check valve in the fuel tank pointed upward,not working properly or possible pulling from one of the lines going to the cylinder's. It's got a new fuel pump and a new fuel solenoid cut off,also a new fuel filter check valve in tank.

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

or move the fuel soleoid by hand see what happens
Ok,I got it started with ether but then it shut right back off again,seems like it's starving for fuel. So I think it's either the check valve in the fuel tank pointed upward,not working properly or possible pulling from one of the lines going to the cylinder's. It's got a new fuel pump and a new fuel solenoid cut off,also a new fuel filter check valve in tank.

foton

if it starts why dont you try a remote fuel tank like from a boats portable tank place it high so it will gravity feed the lift pump and get the machine where it can be worked on easier. that will also give you somewhat of a isolation of where the problem is.

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

if it starts why dont you try a remote fuel tank like from a boats portable tank place it high so it will gravity feed the lift pump and get the machine where it can be worked on easier. that will also give you somewhat of a isolation of where the problem is.
Thanks!
Do you incorporate the fuel tank check valve into it,do you need to?

foton

If you use the marine style hose is has a primer ball that has a check valve in it, you will just need to take end off and go to a fuel nipple or add a male marine fitting that has a barb to the fuel line. your call on which way to do it.

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

If you use the marine style hose is has a primer ball that has a check valve in it, you will just need to take end off and go to a fuel nipple or add a male marine fitting that has a barb to the fuel line. your call on which way to do it.
Thanks! Didn't know it had its own check valve in it,will try it!!