2000 Bobcat 763 won’t move or lift

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

llcarter1995

So my 2000 bobcat 763 is having some issues. There is a certain sequence I have to do to get it to either lift and tilt, OR drive. But I cannot do both at the same time. Also, the lap bar has to be up before it can move. It's like everything is backwards to how it should be. I just had a mechanic replace all hydraulic hoses. And that's when this problem arose. All functions work correctly, but cannot do them at the same time. Safety switch issue?

brdgbldr

Make sure the mechanic didn't mess with the wiring while replacing the hoses. He could have broken some wires and splices them wrong.

laurencen

sounds like a hose or two got switched around, maybe some electrical to solenoids could also be working against you, its too much of a coincidence its stated after hoses were replaced, when we change hoses even if just one we take lots of pictures and also use a pen to mark hose ends and where they connect

you need to look at a hydraulic diagram and trace the hoses to verify they are correct.

OP
OP
L

llcarter1995

Yeah hydraulic level is good, hasn't leaked since he fixed all the hoses but it sure seems like hoses got hooked back up incorrectly or wiring was hooked back up incorrectly. The I should note that the safety switch has an audible click still, so it appears to be working, but does not disengage everything that it should at the same time.

OP
OP
L

llcarter1995

sounds like a hose or two got switched around, maybe some electrical to solenoids could also be working against you, its too much of a coincidence its stated after hoses were replaced, when we change hoses even if just one we take lots of pictures and also use a pen to mark hose ends and where they connect

you need to look at a hydraulic diagram and trace the hoses to verify they are correct.
I feel like it could be more electrical, because when I can get each thing working, such as lift or tilt or drive, it works correctly as intended. I.e. up is up, down is down, left and right work correct etc. just doesn't allow me to operate the arms and drive at the same time. I have to fiddle with the safety switch and lap bar

OP
OP
L

llcarter1995

Make sure the mechanic didn't mess with the wiring while replacing the hoses. He could have broken some wires and splices them wrong.
I will sure trace back all wiring to make sure, I did check all the fuses and all appear to be in good shape and still in tact.

OP
OP
L

llcarter1995

What is the sequence of things you must do to get it things to operate?
So everything starts fine. To get the arms to work I just have to press the safety switch and they will operate as intended. But when I go to drive, it stalls out. To get it to drive, I have to press the safety switch again, basically to lock the arms, and then leave the lap bar up, and it will drive. But if I do that with the lap bar down, it stalls out.

WVRoger

I have a 751 that had the same problem and it turned out to be the brake interlock connected to the brake solenoid! If you have the four light interlock system all four lights need to be lit to operate! In my case only three lights oils light up and after investigation we realized the brake solenoid problem. This may give you another place to look but in my case I made the decision to remove the metal pin that opens and closes the brake. This takes away your parking brake so don't do it unless it is the last resort!

OP
OP
L

llcarter1995

I have a 751 that had the same problem and it turned out to be the brake interlock connected to the brake solenoid! If you have the four light interlock system all four lights need to be lit to operate! In my case only three lights oils light up and after investigation we realized the brake solenoid problem. This may give you another place to look but in my case I made the decision to remove the metal pin that opens and closes the brake. This takes away your parking brake so don't do it unless it is the last resort!
I think that's a good possibility, only three of the lights are lit up. The one that is not lit up is the traction control light, could that one be the brake? I didn't realize the brake was connected to any electrical sensors? Also, if I want to just remove the brake all together, do I need to make sure it's not engaged first before removing?

Latest posts