Bobcat won’t start.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SteveinNC

My 864 Bobcat won't start,I'm getting no error code. Checked filter in fuel tank,primed it. Recently replaced fuel solenoid switch. Any ideas what else I could try? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

It turns over good but will not start. It's not the battery,starter or alternator,all are good.

foton

I would think it is not getting fuel,make sure that you hear the click of the fuel valve opening and look to see if it has opened when key is in the run position, if not you might have a electrical issue.

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

I would think it is not getting fuel,make sure that you hear the click of the fuel valve opening and look to see if it has opened when key is in the run position, if not you might have a electrical issue.
Will do,thanks!

CDunford

My 864 Bobcat won't start,I'm getting no error code. Checked filter in fuel tank,primed it. Recently replaced fuel solenoid switch. Any ideas what else I could try? Thanks in advance!
If it has the same fuel tanks and fuel pickup as our 943 it has a drop tube that extends down 10 inches or so to the bottom of the tank with a check valve on the bottom. Both tanks should have the same drop tube. They periodically will break off due to the fuel sloshing back and forth in the tank. If you can identify which one is bad you can block the one that is drawing air and get running again. Pain in the neck to get out, but simple to fix when you have it out. We just replace with common fuel line and check valves from bobcat. I suspect we have a dozen check valves and tube in the bottom of our tanks. Good luck.

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

If it has the same fuel tanks and fuel pickup as our 943 it has a drop tube that extends down 10 inches or so to the bottom of the tank with a check valve on the bottom. Both tanks should have the same drop tube. They periodically will break off due to the fuel sloshing back and forth in the tank. If you can identify which one is bad you can block the one that is drawing air and get running again. Pain in the neck to get out, but simple to fix when you have it out. We just replace with common fuel line and check valves from bobcat. I suspect we have a dozen check valves and tube in the bottom of our tanks. Good luck.
Thanks! Will check it out later once I'm back home.

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

Checked it out,but I also just recently replaced it. Thanks for your reply!

polishpete

RIGHT DOES IT SMOKE WHEN UJ TRY TO START IT CRANK IT WITH BLEEDER OPEN IT MIGHT'
HAVE AIR IN IT WHAT HAPPEN THAT IT STOPPED WORKING

OP
OP
S

SteveinNC

RIGHT DOES IT SMOKE WHEN UJ TRY TO START IT CRANK IT WITH BLEEDER OPEN IT MIGHT'
HAVE AIR IN IT WHAT HAPPEN THAT IT STOPPED WORKING
Won't be able to check on it until this weekend,I'll be out of town til then. Will let you know if that was it after I get back, thanks!

polishpete

RIGHT NO START with the bleeder open sounds like a fuel soloind not opening the injectors
to fire no ciodes press the headlight button see if u get codes