Bobcat T300 Low Charge Pressure Shutdown

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jlelectric

I have a 2007 Bobcat T300 with about 5000hrs. Serial # 521911286. It runs out great, slight hydraulic leak when parked. The problem is that I have been having an intermittent Charge pressure light coming on (05-09 Code). Been coming off and on for quite a while. So I changed the case drain filter. It was about 50% full of fine metal shavings. Put all back together still having 05-09 light intermittent. Unplugged connector on pressure sensor to clean, put back together, now getting 05-14 and shutdown soon after start up. Replaced sensor and still getting shutdown. Runs fine and hydraulics work fine until shutdown. Could it be an electrical issue with pressure sensor circuit? The manual doesn't have much info. The drive belt seems tight and was replaced recently. It does have a remanufactured hydraulic pump. Looks like the leak is under it. Any ideas?

Lowe.Buuck

My loader also has an intermittent Charge Pressure Warning. I replaced a bad belt tensioner and drive belt and the problem appeared to be fixed. About 45 minutes of work later the warning came back.
The Service Manager at my dealership recommended that I actually tee into the port where the pressure sender is attached and put a gauge on the line and watch the pressure while operating.
I ordered up the fittings, a pressure gauge and a 7 foot long hose. This will allow me to run the gauge up to the outside of the cab where I can see it while operating.
I've got the parts but have not got them installed yet.
Measuring the actual Charge Pressure is probably your next step.
Also watch when the Warning occurs. Does it occur when the oil is cold or only once the oil warms up? If it only happens when once the oil warms up, your charge pump may be worn to the point that can't maintain charge pressure when the oil thins out.

OP
OP
J

Jlelectric

My loader also has an intermittent Charge Pressure Warning. I replaced a bad belt tensioner and drive belt and the problem appeared to be fixed. About 45 minutes of work later the warning came back.
The Service Manager at my dealership recommended that I actually tee into the port where the pressure sender is attached and put a gauge on the line and watch the pressure while operating.
I ordered up the fittings, a pressure gauge and a 7 foot long hose. This will allow me to run the gauge up to the outside of the cab where I can see it while operating.
I've got the parts but have not got them installed yet.
Measuring the actual Charge Pressure is probably your next step.
Also watch when the Warning occurs. Does it occur when the oil is cold or only once the oil warms up? If it only happens when once the oil warms up, your charge pump may be worn to the point that can't maintain charge pressure when the oil thins out.
It is my fathers machine. They barely use it around the farm. The last couple years the light would come and go showing the 05-09 code cold or hot. I brought it to my house, same thing happening. Changed drain filter and pressure sensor and now 05-14 code and shutdown. Kind of why I thought electrical contact issue. Sometimes shutdown is right after startup and sometimes after I use it for a bit., so I guess not both cold and hot. They told me the belt had been changed a couple ago, but maybe belt or tensioner could be the problem. Then last resort, I will try pressure testing. Not being my machine, I really don't want to dump a bunch of money into it.

OP
OP
J

Jlelectric

It is my fathers machine. They barely use it around the farm. The last couple years the light would come and go showing the 05-09 code cold or hot. I brought it to my house, same thing happening. Changed drain filter and pressure sensor and now 05-14 code and shutdown. Kind of why I thought electrical contact issue. Sometimes shutdown is right after startup and sometimes after I use it for a bit., so I guess not both cold and hot. They told me the belt had been changed a couple ago, but maybe belt or tensioner could be the problem. Then last resort, I will try pressure testing. Not being my machine, I really don't want to dump a bunch of money into it.
Thanks for the help. I removed everything to get to the belt. The stop bar was pulled all the way back. According to the manual the stop bar needs to be pushed up to the tensioner arm and tightened. Am I correct? I think with it pulled back, the belt would jump and cause slippage.

Lowe.Buuck

Thanks for the help. I removed everything to get to the belt. The stop bar was pulled all the way back. According to the manual the stop bar needs to be pushed up to the tensioner arm and tightened. Am I correct? I think with it pulled back, the belt would jump and cause slippage.
I am not familiar with the tensioner in the T300. I looked at the parts diagram at Bobcat Parts Online and the tensioner is different than mine.
On mine the tensioner is spring loaded. As you pry it toward the belt there is a plate with a point on it that rotates. The manual states the correct pointer position.
The T300 one looks very different than mine. If no one else responds, you may want to look at YouTube. There are a few videos on replacing the hydrostatic belt. You may find one that shows the type you have.
A slipping belt was the first thing my dealer told me to check. Check both the tension and the condition of the belt.

Lowe.Buuck

I am not familiar with the tensioner in the T300. I looked at the parts diagram at Bobcat Parts Online and the tensioner is different than mine.
On mine the tensioner is spring loaded. As you pry it toward the belt there is a plate with a point on it that rotates. The manual states the correct pointer position.
The T300 one looks very different than mine. If no one else responds, you may want to look at YouTube. There are a few videos on replacing the hydrostatic belt. You may find one that shows the type you have.
A slipping belt was the first thing my dealer told me to check. Check both the tension and the condition of the belt.
The first thing to check was the belt and tensioner.
The second thing they had me replace was the hydraulic filter.
After that they told me to actually check the Charge Pressure.

OP
OP
J

Jlelectric

Thanks for the prompt reply. Most of the you tube videos are you the other type tensioner. I plan to leave the machine tore down until I find some information. Maybe someone will chime in soon. The air box was a challenge to remove.

OP
OP
J

Jlelectric

Thanks for the prompt reply. Most of the you tube videos are you the other type tensioner. I plan to leave the machine tore down until I find some information. Maybe someone will chime in soon. The air box was a challenge to remove.
I did adjust the stop bar for the idler pulley. Got it all back together. Low pressure shut down is happening again. Did great, lifting and driving, full performance. After about 5 min. the warning light came on for low pressure 05-09, so I shut it off. Next time I started it, warning 05-14 shut down. Not sure how to tell this type tensioner is good or bad. I guess next is the pressure test. Is there a part number for the Tee fitting and gauge? Have you solved your problem yet?

OP
OP
J

Jlelectric

I did adjust the stop bar for the idler pulley. Got it all back together. Low pressure shut down is happening again. Did great, lifting and driving, full performance. After about 5 min. the warning light came on for low pressure 05-09, so I shut it off. Next time I started it, warning 05-14 shut down. Not sure how to tell this type tensioner is good or bad. I guess next is the pressure test. Is there a part number for the Tee fitting and gauge? Have you solved your problem yet?
I believe I have narrowed it down to an electrical issue. I started checking electrical connections from pressure switch back. Now getting 05-09 light instead of 05-14 shutdown. I am also getting the glow plug light, which never worked. I think Im getting somewhere. Anyone know where the common failure points are? Kinda tough using the manual to troubleshoot electrical.