Bobcat T250 foot petal sensor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobcatsaremytoys

The left foot petal sensor on my T250 seems to have stopped working. However before it stoped completely it seemed to have some type of wiring short in it. Sometimes I could reach down and touch it and it would begin working again. Then one day it just stopped all together. Seems a bit expensive at like $550 for a sensor. I was wondering if there might be someway I can fix it rather than having to buy another one? I use my hand controls with no issues but would like to have the option to use the foot pedals. I'm just no sure it's worth the cost to fix.

Tazza

Staff member
I assume where you touched the sensor, was the wire? I guess i't possible if you can cut into where the wire enters, you may be able to repair it. When it's broken already, you have nothing to loose by hacking into it.

OP
OP
B

Bobcatsaremytoys

I assume where you touched the sensor, was the wire? I guess i't possible if you can cut into where the wire enters, you may be able to repair it. When it's broken already, you have nothing to loose by hacking into it.
Tazza thanks. A wiring shortage is probably the most likely. I'll try digging into it. I just didn't know if I might be missing something. I wanted to check and see if this might have happened to someone else for some type of fix on the expensive part.