bobcat t200 turbo

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ice9393

I have a question on how to adjust the steering. How do you tell where neutral position is for the rocker arms that sit on top of the motor? I am not sure if the tech name for them is rocker arm so please bare with me.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok, the rocker arms you are talking about, you want to set valve clearance?
Or are you talking about so you don't creep forward? as this is done on the pump, not the engine.

OP
OP
I

ice9393

Ok, the rocker arms you are talking about, you want to set valve clearance?
Or are you talking about so you don't creep forward? as this is done on the pump, not the engine.
yes that is it. I dont have my manual yet. Thank you for being so patient.

Tazza

Staff member
The ones where you dont creep forward.
Ok, you need to block the machine by using trolley jacks to get the tracks off the ground so they are free to move. You need to lift the cab and start the machine. You will need to dis-engage the park brake to allow the wheels to move. On the pump there will be 2 stops that adjust center, they are held with 2 bolts. You will need to back the bolts off and adjust the stops so the wheels do not move. These blocks can be flipped over to give you an un-worn side, you can turn the round stops on the arms 90 degrees to give you an un-worn face too. Its not a really simple thing to do, it will take a bit to fiddling to get rite but can be done. Set one side then move the stick back and forth then let it spring back to center and see if the wheels move. If they do, re-do the adjustment till you get it rite.

OP
OP
I

ice9393

Ok, you need to block the machine by using trolley jacks to get the tracks off the ground so they are free to move. You need to lift the cab and start the machine. You will need to dis-engage the park brake to allow the wheels to move. On the pump there will be 2 stops that adjust center, they are held with 2 bolts. You will need to back the bolts off and adjust the stops so the wheels do not move. These blocks can be flipped over to give you an un-worn side, you can turn the round stops on the arms 90 degrees to give you an un-worn face too. Its not a really simple thing to do, it will take a bit to fiddling to get rite but can be done. Set one side then move the stick back and forth then let it spring back to center and see if the wheels move. If they do, re-do the adjustment till you get it rite.
Thank you I will give it a try.

OP
OP
I

ice9393

Thank you I will give it a try.
Does someone have a pic of the rollers they could post so I can see how bad mine are worn? Also you where right the stops where worn bad. One more thing do you have a part number for the rollers?

Tazza

Staff member
Does someone have a pic of the rollers they could post so I can see how bad mine are worn? Also you where right the stops where worn bad. One more thing do you have a part number for the rollers?
The rollers don't actually roll, they are just round stops. You can loosen the bolt on the top and rotate then 180 degrees and you are set. This is if they have not been turned already. A quick call to your dealer will get the number, sorry i don't have a manual to give you a number. Only change them if they are worn on both sides, as you can turn them so you can use the *good* side thats left.