2002 773 turbo hydraulic oil replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

iasnowguy

Hey guys, I have a 2002 bobcat 773 turbo and I'd like to change out the hydraulic fluid back to OEM fluid. What's the best way to drain it getting as much of the old stuff out? I have a leak I can't find thinking maybe the cheaper fluid I'm using might be the cause. Only leaks when it's super cold and on initial startup.

brdgbldr

Hey guys, I have a 2002 bobcat 773 turbo and I'd like to change out the hydraulic fluid back to OEM fluid. What's the best way to drain it getting as much of the old stuff out? I have a leak I can't find thinking maybe the cheaper fluid I'm using might be the cause. Only leaks when it's super cold and on initial startup.
It's controversial but you can get a lot more of the fluid out by blowing it out of the auxiliary. You just have to take it easy and stop as soon as it starts to sputter.

The only way to get the fluid out of the cylinders is to detach the hoses and cycle them.

Alternatively, you can pump out however much oil you can, add new, cycle everything several times and then repeat the whole process. This is a huge waste of oil though.

Your leak in the cold is probably just because the oil is too heavy until it warms up. You may just want to go to a thinner oil in the winter.

OP
OP
I

iasnowguy

Well I am using harvest King 32 hydraulic oil that is what the man who sold me the machine was using. It was his dad's machine and he was very picky about using OEM products. I doubt he would skimp on the fluid as quality fluids is cheap insurance. The machine is stored in an unheated shop. I see that bobcat has introduced a blue hydraulic fluid for cooler climates with a lower viscosity. Would you happen to know how many gallons the 773 system holds?

OP
OP
I

iasnowguy

It's controversial but you can get a lot more of the fluid out by blowing it out of the auxiliary. You just have to take it easy and stop as soon as it starts to sputter.

The only way to get the fluid out of the cylinders is to detach the hoses and cycle them.

Alternatively, you can pump out however much oil you can, add new, cycle everything several times and then repeat the whole process. This is a huge waste of oil though.

Your leak in the cold is probably just because the oil is too heavy until it warms up. You may just want to go to a thinner oil in the winter.

reaperman

Bobcat used 10w-30 motor oil in the hydraulics for many years, G-series machines included. So the factory oil was thicker, not thinner.

Latest posts