Bobcat 773: Hydraulic line section replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

taylof1

I need to replace a small section of my hydraulic line that is leaking but can't seem to unscrew the connections at both ends in order to remove. Picture attached and fittings circled in red.

Tried penetrating spray and 2 wrenches with leverage but not budging. I'm not that familiar with this particular connector but seems like they would just unscrew.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks very much!!
Taylor

Attachments

• IMG_4707.jpeg
    IMG_4707.jpeg
    591 KB · Views: 94

GeorgeG

You will likely never get these loose with an adjustable wrench like I see in the photo. I have used a cut off wheel to cut the hose close to the fitting and then use a socket on that side with a box end on the steel line fitting.

OP
OP
T

taylof1

That's a great tip!! Thank you George.

I was told O'reilly auto parts could make a replacement but needed the original section
so I was initially reluctant to cut the old.

It's in an awkward to reach spot though so cutting might be by only option. Forgot to mention I also put a flame on the connection to see if that would help loosen…didn't though.

Appreciate your help!
TF

GeorgeG

Careful with the flame wrench! If you ignite that hose cover you could lose the entire machine.

laurencen

adjustable wrenches have there uses but this is not one of them, myself I would cut the hose and use a deep socket to remove, also consider replacing both hoses, they are the same age so likely leak in a year or so

OP
OP
T

taylof1

adjustable wrenches have there uses but this is not one of them, myself I would cut the hose and use a deep socket to remove, also consider replacing both hoses, they are the same age so likely leak in a year or so
Thanks for the tip!! Yes I'll replace both lines….of course as fate would have it, the second hydraulic line pictured (that is not leaking ) unscrewed quite easily…Ugh!!

Latest posts