Bobcat S250 left and right panel dead

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

live2av8

Working on a Bobcat S250, about 7 years old. Was working fine, then parked, upon next use it wouldn't start or do anything. There are no lights when the key is turned on, nothing happens, no clicking or other noises, no engine cranking. The left and right control panels are dead as in no lights. And of course no trouble codes are available by holding the headlight button. There is plenty of electrical power available. I can jump the starter solenoid with a remote switch and the engine cranks plenty fast. I have power to the relays, the main control module, the fuse panel and power to both left and right control panels via the "Protected Power" wires which comes from the main control module. All the fuses with power to them are good. I've checked grounds for the left and right control panels and the main control module. I checked to make sure there is power to the main control module, the three sources I could locate via the wiring diagram all have power. The right panel (with the key in it) was taken to a local dealer, plugged into another S250 and it started that machine just fine. I contacted a service tech at a local dealer who stated sometimes it's a broken wire between the left and right control panels and the main control module, causing a miscommunication. I checked the 5 affected wires for continuity, they appear fine. I'm uncertain what digital or analog signal is sent from the control panels to the main control module when the key is turned to run or start. I've had all the control modules unplugged, the battery disconnected momentarily....no difference. Anyone have a similar problem with a Bobcat? Dan

skidsteer.ca

Can you borrow a computer from the dealer or someone and try that. Or take yours to the dealer to see if it still works.
Sounds like you have been through the easy stuff
Skidsteer.ca

OP
OP
L

live2av8

Can you borrow a computer from the dealer or someone and try that. Or take yours to the dealer to see if it still works.
Sounds like you have been through the easy stuff
Skidsteer.ca
Local dealer just happened to have an S250 in the shop so it was easy to try the right panel, don't know how they'll feel about pulling a panel off to check the main control module. I'll do some more checks tomorrow, if I can't figure it out guess I'll need to have someone from the dealership come over and look at it. Dan

Bobcat_S250

Local dealer just happened to have an S250 in the shop so it was easy to try the right panel, don't know how they'll feel about pulling a panel off to check the main control module. I'll do some more checks tomorrow, if I can't figure it out guess I'll need to have someone from the dealership come over and look at it. Dan
Hi, I am having the same problem! Did you eventually find what was wrong?

Bobcat_S250

Hi! I have exactly the same problem also! Any info about a solution would be appreciated! I'm in a remote location to taking the Bobcat to a dealer is a very expensive & time consuming option! Would be nice to have better support from Bobcat. Very little info in the Service Manual about the controller processor operation. I see that someone has replaced the controller J1 input harness connector in the past, so has been previous problems, although it seems strange that this connector would have failed?

Latest posts