bobcat s150- zerk fittings won't take grease on attachment plate. ideas?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

clydesdale

I removed the zerks and put them in a grease gun and they flow grease beautifully. But, when I put them back in they are completely locked up. I saw some people talking about the bushing rotating and it won't accept grease. Any ideas? Solutions? Thanks.

farmshop

Are you talking about the lower pivot pins zerks. I have never had the bushings cause problems. I would take a pick or a nail and probe around in the hole. Brake clean the hole and put some spray lube in then try greasing. The light oil sometimes helps open things up. Also try greasing while someone runs it back and forth.

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

Are you talking about the lower pivot pins zerks. I have never had the bushings cause problems. I would take a pick or a nail and probe around in the hole. Brake clean the hole and put some spray lube in then try greasing. The light oil sometimes helps open things up. Also try greasing while someone runs it back and forth.
Yes, the lower pivot pin zerks work, but the pivot joint will not accept grease. I am not sure why. I sprayed some wd40 in there and then heated up a coat hanger rod and put that in there to try to break things up. But, no luck on either fitting. How hard is it to remove this joint and see what is up?

farmshop

Yes, the lower pivot pin zerks work, but the pivot joint will not accept grease. I am not sure why. I sprayed some wd40 in there and then heated up a coat hanger rod and put that in there to try to break things up. But, no luck on either fitting. How hard is it to remove this joint and see what is up?
Are the zerks in the end of the bushings or the side. Not familiar with the 150's. If in the end the end cap is held in by a snap ring then you can clean it out better. If in the side you might have to remove the pin from the bushing. If you take the zerks out remove the bolt from the pin you can install a piece of redi bolt to pound the pin into the bushing. Grease will push out the hole hopefully cleaning it out. Then use nut on redibolt to reseat the pin

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

Are the zerks in the end of the bushings or the side. Not familiar with the 150's. If in the end the end cap is held in by a snap ring then you can clean it out better. If in the side you might have to remove the pin from the bushing. If you take the zerks out remove the bolt from the pin you can install a piece of redi bolt to pound the pin into the bushing. Grease will push out the hole hopefully cleaning it out. Then use nut on redibolt to reseat the pin
I made a mistake. The top pivot bushings won't take grease. The zerk is at the top of the joint and is perpendicular to the joint axis. Does this change anything? How do I know if the bushing rotated inside the joint?

farmshop

I made a mistake. The top pivot bushings won't take grease. The zerk is at the top of the joint and is perpendicular to the joint axis. Does this change anything? How do I know if the bushing rotated inside the joint?
The tilt cylinder pivot pin where it hooks to the Bob tatch plate? If so you can pull the pin out and look for the grease hole. A good quality drill bit would probably drill a new hole. Or a new bushing could be installed. None of the other joints have removable bushings. If they don't take grease you have to remove the pins clean it out and reinstall the pins