Bobcat part number cross referance.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Luthor

I am looking for a cheaper alternative to a Bobcat combination anti cavitation/pressure relief valve P/No 6599161 which I suspect is made by Hydraforce or some other supplier. In Australia the price is $250 approximately and I am sure that a non genuine but interchangeable valve would be available for probably half that price.
All I need is cross referance, can anyone help?
Thanks.

Tazza

Staff member
If you can tell me what size thread etc it is i'm sure i can get the info for you. My dad works with hydraulics now and the guy he works for has his fingers in just about every hydraulic place around. With the rite info i'm sure he would be able to find it or at least point you in the rite direction.
Can i ask why you need thi valve? you can't simply repair your old one? or was this for your tilt section for the hoe? If so, i see no reason why you will need anti-cav valve in built.

OP
OP
L

Luthor

If you can tell me what size thread etc it is i'm sure i can get the info for you. My dad works with hydraulics now and the guy he works for has his fingers in just about every hydraulic place around. With the rite info i'm sure he would be able to find it or at least point you in the rite direction.
Can i ask why you need thi valve? you can't simply repair your old one? or was this for your tilt section for the hoe? If so, i see no reason why you will need anti-cav valve in built.
Thanks Tazza, the thread is 3/4 " -16 UNF (Dash 8 O Ring boss) with a 5/8" diameter unthreaded section and 1" hex head. Hydraforce P/No RV08------ will show you the arrangement if you look on their web site.
Yes it is for the tilt section on my 743 for some added protection when using the mini hoe.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza, the thread is 3/4 " -16 UNF (Dash 8 O Ring boss) with a 5/8" diameter unthreaded section and 1" hex head. Hydraforce P/No RV08------ will show you the arrangement if you look on their web site.
Yes it is for the tilt section on my 743 for some added protection when using the mini hoe.
Ok, i will chat with my dad about this and see what he can find out on it all.
Any idea on the pressure you are looking at? From memory the lift arm relief is set to 5,000 PSI are you looking for around the same? or say 3,000 as the machine is set to about 2,400 - 2,600PSI on its main relief.

OP
OP
L

Luthor

Ok, i will chat with my dad about this and see what he can find out on it all.
Any idea on the pressure you are looking at? From memory the lift arm relief is set to 5,000 PSI are you looking for around the same? or say 3,000 as the machine is set to about 2,400 - 2,600PSI on its main relief.
Tazza, according to my parts manual the combination valve is set at 2500 psi.
Those sizes I posted above may not be right, I will pull a valve out this weekend and confirm dimensions with you.

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, according to my parts manual the combination valve is set at 2500 psi.
Those sizes I posted above may not be right, I will pull a valve out this weekend and confirm dimensions with you.
Ok, not a problem.
He did speak to a guy about it Friday and said he needed more numbers for relief setting etc. I am assuming you just want the standard poppet style? the other is no doubt more expensive (not sure what it could be but was told there was another style).

OP
OP
L

Luthor

Ok, not a problem.
He did speak to a guy about it Friday and said he needed more numbers for relief setting etc. I am assuming you just want the standard poppet style? the other is no doubt more expensive (not sure what it could be but was told there was another style).
I got a Hyrdaforce RV10-20 relief valve ( $120.00 Aus.) so now I just have to adjust the relief setting. This valve does not have anti cavitation built in so I hope it does not cause a problem.