Bobcat A220 questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

A220help

My father passed and left behind his A220 for our farm. Attached on the rear is some sort of ground breaking equipment that seems to be aftermarket
text

We've tried various controls to raise or lower the thing but nothing is working. Any help at all regarding documentation or control sequence to try and get this thing operational would be much appreciated.
We're using it as general farm equipment and would be good for aeration of our pasture.

Thanks

flyerdan

I gave your post a title so people can click on it and fixed the picture link. That ripper would be controlled with the aux hydraulics, the question would be if it's the only circuit or if it has both front and rear remotes. If you don't have (or can't readily locate) an operator manual at home, check the manual thread, (it's in my sig on every post) there are some there for S205 and S220.
Don't know what the differences in A and S designations are, but I can't imagine that BC would completely redesign the way things operate hydraulically between models.
Sorry for your loss, and welcome to the forum.

bobbie-g

I gave your post a title so people can click on it and fixed the picture link. That ripper would be controlled with the aux hydraulics, the question would be if it's the only circuit or if it has both front and rear remotes. If you don't have (or can't readily locate) an operator manual at home, check the manual thread, (it's in my sig on every post) there are some there for S205 and S220.
Don't know what the differences in A and S designations are, but I can't imagine that BC would completely redesign the way things operate hydraulically between models.
Sorry for your loss, and welcome to the forum.
I thought the "A" designated an articulated machine (wheels, not frame). Friend of mine has an A770 which has "wheel steering", but will also operate in the "wheels fixed, skid steer" mode. In which case this A220 machine in many respects could be very similar to an S220??? :) ---Bobbie-G

Tazza

Staff member
I thought the "A" designated an articulated machine (wheels, not frame). Friend of mine has an A770 which has "wheel steering", but will also operate in the "wheels fixed, skid steer" mode. In which case this A220 machine in many respects could be very similar to an S220??? :) ---Bobbie-G
I too am sorry to hear about your loss, i lost my dad at the end of May this year after a 12 month battle with cancer. I hope you and your family are doing ok.
The A series is an all wheel steer model, but you can lock them so it's skid steer, look really fancy, but i bet they are a nightmare if something went wrong.
I like the modification for the ripper, just not sure what it was used for.
I'd like to think there was a button to hit to divert the hydraulic flow from the front aux fittings to the rear ones. I had a machine that had one such diverting valve, i never worked out how to control it before i just sold the machine :) But i'd assume it would have been a button on the left steering lever.