bobcat 863G

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fredman

have a 863G,when I hook up grabble bucket and turn hyd on and mash right hand switch both arms go up and can hear pump pumping real loud

bobbie-g

Also they won't go down even with toggle switch on R/H control,thanks
There are two switches of interest on the right hand joystick: a thumb-actuated toggle switch which goes back and forth, and a trigger switch on the front side of the joystick. Which switch seems to do what? And I assume you are referring to the arms on your grapple, not the lift arms on the Bobcat? And is the pump noise loud even when the grapple arms are moving, or only when they hit the stops? :) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
F

fredman

There are two switches of interest on the right hand joystick: a thumb-actuated toggle switch which goes back and forth, and a trigger switch on the front side of the joystick. Which switch seems to do what? And I assume you are referring to the arms on your grapple, not the lift arms on the Bobcat? And is the pump noise loud even when the grapple arms are moving, or only when they hit the stops? :) ---Bobbie-G
Yes grapple,when I hit the trigger switch both grapple arms go up,can hear pump working,toggle won"t do anything.they won't go back down at all

OP
OP
F

fredman

Yes grapple,when I hit the trigger switch both grapple arms go up,can hear pump working,toggle won"t do anything.they won't go back down at all
how do You take apart a stuck stem,does it come apart,don't want to tear it up,this bobcat has never used grapple bucket used on it,assuming it is stuck

flyerdan

how do You take apart a stuck stem,does it come apart,don't want to tear it up,this bobcat has never used grapple bucket used on it,assuming it is stuck
Before you start tearing into things, it sounds like it might be in continuous flow mode. You might re-read the manual about aux hydraulics and see if it has dual settings; you want it to only run with the thumb switch, not constantly like there was a backhoe on it.

bobbie-g

Before you start tearing into things, it sounds like it might be in continuous flow mode. You might re-read the manual about aux hydraulics and see if it has dual settings; you want it to only run with the thumb switch, not constantly like there was a backhoe on it.
Agree with flyerdan -- it sounds like it may be working as designed. I use a grapple with my 863G. Once you enable the aux hydraulics pushbutton (upper left console panel), the joystick is ready for a switch action. Pulling the trigger puts it in continuous flow in one direction (as if you had a backhoe hooked up). That's why your grapple arms are going up, then the hyd motor starts groaning because it's still trying to move the arms up. At that point, the thumb toggle won't have any effect. So do this: when you start up and push the aux hyd pushbutton on the upper left console, try the thumb toggle switch on the right joystick first. That should move the arms either up or down, depending on which way you have the thumbswitch pushed. It's a momentary action, so releasing the switch will stop grapple movement. No need for the trigger at all. Let us know how that works for you. And if you happen to pull the trigger, pulling it again will stop the continuous flow. :) ---Bobbie-G