Bobcat 773

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Nutnut1073

Need a Lil help. I bought an early 1990 model bobcat 773. This is the first diesel I have worked on. I'm trying to get it started by bypassing the fuel tank, as I'm pretty sure it's has junk fuel in it. I squeeze prior bulb & det air out if lines to the fuel filter, then turn the bleeder valve above the lift pump & squeeze bulb till it feels tight. I get fuel ominous of the return or overflow hose from injectors but no fuel to the injectors. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks

foton

the primer bulb will not push threw the injector pump,just to the inlet of the injector pump. any air in the pump will need to be purged by cranking engine and made a little easier by cracking injector lines at injectors. caution high pressures there, be careful of spray.

foton

oh use a portable fuel tank like a boat would use and place higher than the engine and pump bulb to purge air to inlet of filter housing first. I would suggest that the fuel filter be at least emptyed out and look at fuel quality,if there is junk or water in it,replace.

OP
OP
N

Nutnut1073

OK I have a portable tank above engine, cracked 1st injector line & rolled it over 7-8 times & no spray out of loosened line. Should I Crack them all at once? Or am I not rolling it over enough?

foton

you can open them all slightly ,and most likely they will prime at a litttle different times . just make sure you do not get sprayed, when they start to get wet close them off it should start shortly after that. well you did not say but if there is a primer ball on the fuel hose ,you need to push that air out a vent closest to the inlet of the injector pump. you can use the manual pump on the lift pump to get it that far if you wish,if you have one on the machine.

OP
OP
N

Nutnut1073

It does have primer bulb & I've bled air out to filter then opened valve up by the pump, squeezed bulb until it starts to feel firm, but if you keep squeezing fuel starts coming out of return line. Should that happen & does that mean I have up to the pump?

Snowtom850

If you are getting good fuel out the bleeder line while pumping ball with the bleeder valve open and not getting fuel at the injectors after closing make sure the fuel shut off is working. Will be the solenoid with linkage to the injection pump. Should move one direction when key is turned on. If that is not operating it will not get fuel to the lines to the injectors. I have had the best luck cracking all the likes at the injectors just a little and as you have some one crank it tighten as soon as you see wet. Usually will start firing and running after 2 are tight.

Latest posts