Bobcat 763 drive issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sethk

Hello everyone! I recently bought a 763 f series loader off my wife's family to use for my small landscaping company. I did a complete service on the machine and it seems to run and operate well. But I got in it the other day and when I went to start it with the throttle down it would start and the right side drive stick would move slightly and the machine would stall. I was trying to start it with the safety bar up. I found I can start it at about half throttle and it will start pretty well. But also when I'm using the machine the right side constantly tries to go forward more so than the left. I can let go of the stick and it will move by itself. And I can't idle down the motor before I shut it off because it will stall. Any suggestions or tips? I'm new to the skid steer world and hoping I'm not going to regret this purchase. Thanks!

brdgbldr

When the machine is cold you should have it at half throttle before trying to start it. If it is warmed up you can try to start it at idle.

It sounds like you need to adjust your drive linkage to neutral. If you have manual controls they can slip or parts can crack and flex. If you have electronic controls there is a procedure you have to do while the machine is up on stands.

OP
OP
S

sethk

When the machine is cold you should have it at half throttle before trying to start it. If it is warmed up you can try to start it at idle.

It sounds like you need to adjust your drive linkage to neutral. If you have manual controls they can slip or parts can crack and flex. If you have electronic controls there is a procedure you have to do while the machine is up on stands.
I'll look into that and see if I can figure out how to do that. Thank you.