Bobcat 753 Rad Fed Heater Install Complete. QUESTION

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ducaticorse

Everything is hooked up. I ran it when finished with the door off as soon as I got done today. At normal operating temp, this thing blows luke warm air at best. I know it says in the directions that if I get the rad hoses switched up, it could effect BTU output by 25% I feel as though even at 25% higher, this thing will not keep anybody warm inside there on a brutally cold day. I am going to try switching up the hoses tomorrow. Thoughts? Now, my other question is, the fan draws cabin air into the radiator which heats that air, and recirculates it back into the cabin. I assume that a closed cabin would make this heater WAY more efficient, but I would figure a little heater like that should still be blowing hot air, NOT warm air even with the cabin door open. Thoughts?

SkidRoe

It sounds like you do not have enough flow passing through your heater. Where did you hook your hoses to on the engine? One of them should connect near or to the water pump.

OP
OP
D

Ducaticorse

It sounds like you do not have enough flow passing through your heater. Where did you hook your hoses to on the engine? One of them should connect near or to the water pump.
I hooked one hose directly off of the water pump and the other directly off of the rad intake directly above the water pump, the only locations on the machine that made any sense. The machine was running for several minutes, and maintained normal operating temperatures, so if flow is a problem, it must be the specific direction the water is flowing through the heater as previously mentioned. Although I can't see how switching directions will make a big difference.

SkidRoe

I hooked one hose directly off of the water pump and the other directly off of the rad intake directly above the water pump, the only locations on the machine that made any sense. The machine was running for several minutes, and maintained normal operating temperatures, so if flow is a problem, it must be the specific direction the water is flowing through the heater as previously mentioned. Although I can't see how switching directions will make a big difference.
The spots where you have connected may be to close together. The only thing that will generate flow through your heater is pressure differential, the engine running and being up to temperature is not enough. Is there a port on the head or on the side of the block? You may need to tee into the port where the temperature sender is located. HTH

SkidRoe

Check the link in this post. I know it is a different machine, but the engines are similar. http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=61319

OldMachinist

Check the link in this post. I know it is a different machine, but the engines are similar. http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=61319
The instruction sheet I posted in the thread skidroe posted the link to covers some of the 753's depending on the serial number.

OP
OP
D

Ducaticorse

I set the heater up the same way my buddies older 743 is set up, besides maybe the direction of flow as previously mentioned. The heater install in the PDF file you gave is for a WAY more complicated heater than the heater I have, yet the hose connections are similar - the t fittings involved. Why wouldn't the water pump be able to produce enough flow in 5/8 hose to feed the heater?