Bobcat 753 Comment Forum

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

trg753

I would like any information on my 753 Bobcat. I am a new owner and it is great except for getting the bugs out of the electrical system etc. I also go my pins loosened up on my attach for the bucket. Any comments on the Kubota engine also would be appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
It all depends on the problems you are having, tell us what the problems are and a user with a 753 should be able to give you an idea.

As for the engine, there is nothing to tell, just regular maintenance, check water and oil, change oil and filter regularly and use diesel engine grade oil only. Clean your air filter regularly too. Other than that, they are a good engine, just don't let it over heat! they love cracking cylinder heads if you do. They are a very good engine, treat them rite and they will last a long time.

I hope that is of at least some help.

OP
OP
T

trg753

It all depends on the problems you are having, tell us what the problems are and a user with a 753 should be able to give you an idea.

As for the engine, there is nothing to tell, just regular maintenance, check water and oil, change oil and filter regularly and use diesel engine grade oil only. Clean your air filter regularly too. Other than that, they are a good engine, just don't let it over heat! they love cracking cylinder heads if you do. They are a very good engine, treat them rite and they will last a long time.

Anyone have a good used Bobtach for sale? Mine is pretty worn and may consider replacing it?

bobbie-g

Anyone have a good used Bobtach for sale? Mine is pretty worn and may consider replacing it?
I assume you mean the plate and pins/lever assembly attached to your lift arms. I know a guy who is parting out a 751. Not sure of compatibility with 753. I'm reluctant to post his email address in this open forum, so if you'll shoot me an email at [email protected] I'll forward it on to Jim. --- Bob

OP
OP
T

trg753

I assume you mean the plate and pins/lever assembly attached to your lift arms. I know a guy who is parting out a 751. Not sure of compatibility with 753. I'm reluctant to post his email address in this open forum, so if you'll shoot me an email at [email protected] I'll forward it on to Jim. --- Bob
I also have a question on starting a 753. Do you turn the key to the right to the on position for the glowplugs to work? I always go to the right, but talked to someone with a 751 and I think they said they turn the key to the left position to heat the glowplugs.

goodtech

I also have a question on starting a 753. Do you turn the key to the right to the on position for the glowplugs to work? I always go to the right, but talked to someone with a 751 and I think they said they turn the key to the left position to heat the glowplugs.
On almost all older bobcats you have to turn the key to the left for the glow plugs to work. the only machines that don't require that is the d and newer series on the excavator and anthing above a G series on the loaders

OP
OP
T

trg753

On almost all older bobcats you have to turn the key to the left for the glow plugs to work. the only machines that don't require that is the d and newer series on the excavator and anthing above a G series on the loaders
Thanks, On mine when I turn it to the left it also releases pressure to the third aux. hydraulics to unhook the hoses. Does that position also heat the glowplugs?

OP
OP
T

trg753

Thanks, On mine when I turn it to the left it also releases pressure to the third aux. hydraulics to unhook the hoses. Does that position also heat the glowplugs?
Has anyone installed a block heater on a 753 with a Kabota diesel engine? I took out 2 softplugs in the back of the engine behind the fuel injector pump and there is not enough room in the soft plug hole for the heater to go into. I wonder if there is more room on the other side of the block. It will be hard to get to to put in the heater. Also, should I just put a heater in the hose going to the radiatior? Any comments?

bobbie-g

Has anyone installed a block heater on a 753 with a Kabota diesel engine? I took out 2 softplugs in the back of the engine behind the fuel injector pump and there is not enough room in the soft plug hole for the heater to go into. I wonder if there is more room on the other side of the block. It will be hard to get to to put in the heater. Also, should I just put a heater in the hose going to the radiatior? Any comments?
Tom, I have a 751 with the Peugeot engine, so my observations on my block heater are of no use to you. But, the glow plug/ ignition key: My key does activate the glow plugs when turned to the right. A yellow light lights up for several seconds while power is applied to the glow plugs. When the light goes out, the plugs are hot and it's ready to crank. I note that the plugs are still powered up for perhaps 10 seconds after the light goes out, to presumably let the cylinders come up to some minimal temperature before the glow plugs go out. Turning my key to the left releases the hydraulic pressure to the aux connectors on the lift arms. The book says to run the engine at some nominal speed, then turn the key quickly to left and hold it until the engine comes to a stop. Works fine on mine. I leave the caution here, to not be too close to whatever is hooked up to the aux lines, as it's behavior is unpredictable when the engine is spinning down. I almost got catapulted into the air, as I was standing on my bucket when I turned the key off, and my grapple opened up wide open. That woulda been a hoot if I were standing on the grapple.... ---Bob

OP
OP
T

trg753

Tom, I have a 751 with the Peugeot engine, so my observations on my block heater are of no use to you. But, the glow plug/ ignition key: My key does activate the glow plugs when turned to the right. A yellow light lights up for several seconds while power is applied to the glow plugs. When the light goes out, the plugs are hot and it's ready to crank. I note that the plugs are still powered up for perhaps 10 seconds after the light goes out, to presumably let the cylinders come up to some minimal temperature before the glow plugs go out. Turning my key to the left releases the hydraulic pressure to the aux connectors on the lift arms. The book says to run the engine at some nominal speed, then turn the key quickly to left and hold it until the engine comes to a stop. Works fine on mine. I leave the caution here, to not be too close to whatever is hooked up to the aux lines, as it's behavior is unpredictable when the engine is spinning down. I almost got catapulted into the air, as I was standing on my bucket when I turned the key off, and my grapple opened up wide open. That woulda been a hoot if I were standing on the grapple.... ---Bob
Bob, Thanks for the info. i called the dealer today and they said I need to take out the soft plug in the head next to where the air filter is. I will try this. The other soft plugs on the engine do not give you enough room for the block heater to fit into. I Hope it works!

OP
OP
T

trg753

Tazza, I am also developing an oil leak which looks like it might be up by the hydraulic pump. I took off the belt shroud that covers the belt that drives the hydraulic pump and I cannot tell where it is coming from. Any ideas?

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, I am also developing an oil leak which looks like it might be up by the hydraulic pump. I took off the belt shroud that covers the belt that drives the hydraulic pump and I cannot tell where it is coming from. Any ideas?
Sorry, i don't know my way around 753's.
This one may be best directed to goodtech, it may be as simple as a loose hydro fitting. The only problem is access. I haven't done much on machines with an engine that sits side on (east west) but it looked like a rotten thing to gain access to the hydro pump and hydraulic controlls.

OP
OP
T

trg753

Sorry, i don't know my way around 753's.
This one may be best directed to goodtech, it may be as simple as a loose hydro fitting. The only problem is access. I haven't done much on machines with an engine that sits side on (east west) but it looked like a rotten thing to gain access to the hydro pump and hydraulic controlls.
I did some checking today and had a mechanic look at my oil leak on my 753. It is getting worse and it is coming from the seal at the pump behind the pulley. He thinks it is a bearing going out. I hope it has not hurt the hydraulic system. We will pull the engine and the pump and check it out right away. Does anyone know of any rebuilt pumps that might be reasonable if there is some major damage? I hope it will not be bad, but I will not hold my breathe. Has anyone else run into something like this?

Tazza

Staff member
I did some checking today and had a mechanic look at my oil leak on my 753. It is getting worse and it is coming from the seal at the pump behind the pulley. He thinks it is a bearing going out. I hope it has not hurt the hydraulic system. We will pull the engine and the pump and check it out right away. Does anyone know of any rebuilt pumps that might be reasonable if there is some major damage? I hope it will not be bad, but I will not hold my breathe. Has anyone else run into something like this?
I would doubt the pump will be damaged, you may simply need a new seal. I'm not sure if you can pull the seal without removing the pump. Some you can screw a self tapping screw into the seal and pull it out with pliers, then knock a new seal in. saves ALOT of work. Try calling bobcat about it, ask if you can remove the seal without removing the whole pump. They are very good with advise like that, but only put in a genuine seal, these seals have charge pressure behind them and if you get the wrong seal they will just leak.

OP
OP
T

trg753

I would doubt the pump will be damaged, you may simply need a new seal. I'm not sure if you can pull the seal without removing the pump. Some you can screw a self tapping screw into the seal and pull it out with pliers, then knock a new seal in. saves ALOT of work. Try calling bobcat about it, ask if you can remove the seal without removing the whole pump. They are very good with advise like that, but only put in a genuine seal, these seals have charge pressure behind them and if you get the wrong seal they will just leak.
Thanks Tazza, I will check with Bobcat and see what we can do.

OP
OP
T

trg753

Thanks Tazza, I will check with Bobcat and see what we can do.
Tazza, Some followup on my oil leak. I ended up removing the whole hydraulic pump system w/o removing the engine. The bearing on the input shaft was going bad and damaged the seal. The pump was OK and just took some bearings and new seals since I had it apart. Should have it running in a couple of days. I also replaced all the hoses while apart for a reason not to take it apart again for awhile. Thought you might like to know what I found. Thanks, Tom

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, Some followup on my oil leak. I ended up removing the whole hydraulic pump system w/o removing the engine. The bearing on the input shaft was going bad and damaged the seal. The pump was OK and just took some bearings and new seals since I had it apart. Should have it running in a couple of days. I also replaced all the hoses while apart for a reason not to take it apart again for awhile. Thought you might like to know what I found. Thanks, Tom
Excellent!
Glad it wasn't anything really serious. Let us know how it goes.