Bobcat 753 biping and error codes

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

yoramdavid

Hello all, My name is Yoram from Portugal. We have recently purchased a bobcat 753 which has been sitting for a long time, and we have a lot of beeping (quite annoying) and error codes AF 2 and AF 6 are displayed on the hour section. I know the AF is air filter and code 2 is "warning" and 6 is "Sensor no signal". But why is it we are getting these errors and what can we do to fix it? Other than that, it starts well, works well. Any help is appreciated. Thank you and regards. And happy new year!

OP
OP
Y

yoramdavid

I have another question about the same bobcat, we were told the oil tank for the steering was independent from the one of the hydraulic, but we cannot see any. Is that so? Where do we open to drain the old oil for replacement? Sorry to ask such dumb questions, it is our first machine of the kind. Thank you.

Bisonhunter

I have another question about the same bobcat, we were told the oil tank for the steering was independent from the one of the hydraulic, but we cannot see any. Is that so? Where do we open to drain the old oil for replacement? Sorry to ask such dumb questions, it is our first machine of the kind. Thank you.
The "steering " oil is in the "chain case" between your feet. Search this forum for some pictures and chain case stories. It will all come clear. My 753 is older so no help on the codes. Good luck.

Tazza

Staff member
The "steering " oil is in the "chain case" between your feet. Search this forum for some pictures and chain case stories. It will all come clear. My 753 is older so no help on the codes. Good luck.
Sounds like your sender is bad. I'd try replacing it and seeing if the error goes away.
There is only one hydraulic tank for lift/tilt and drive. The other is the chain case that keeps the chains and bearings lubricated.

OP
OP
Y

yoramdavid

Sounds like your sender is bad. I'd try replacing it and seeing if the error goes away.
There is only one hydraulic tank for lift/tilt and drive. The other is the chain case that keeps the chains and bearings lubricated.
Thank you all for your replies. Regards, Yoram

Fishfiles

Thank you all for your replies. Regards, Yoram
you can make sure the air filter is clean and not blocked up and take the two wires going to the air filter sensor , which is on the back side the air filter housing , and jump them together , the controller will then think the air filter is OK and quit beeping --------------------