753 Bobcat will not lift and tilt-happened suddenly

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mandoo

My 753 Bobcat lost lift and tilt suddenly. Had worked perfectly, never had a problem. What diagnostics are necessary to get at the problem? My machine is around '94, does not have lots of electronics. BICS lights on rear right side of compartment.

OP
OP
M

Mandoo

It is possible that the gear pump failed. You can check it with a flow meter that has a pressure gauge and needle valve.
I forgot to mention that the machine drives forward and reverse OK, no problem. Would that eliminate the gear pump failure hypothesis?
thanks

River Fluid Power

I forgot to mention that the machine drives forward and reverse OK, no problem. Would that eliminate the gear pump failure hypothesis?
thanks
Possibly. If you lose hydraulics suddenly, it is usually the gear pump or the main relief valve in the hydraulic control valve.

JohnLX565

This happened to me recently with a 1998 NH LX565 I was lifting something VERY heavy and all of a sudden--- the boom dropped and I was unable to tilt. I disconnected my forks and backed away from the load and I got some sporadic movement. I noticed that my hydraulic oil level was low ---- so I added some oil to see if that would help. EVENTUALLY --- oil started to show up underneath the machine. I assumed that it might be the gear pump broke or something else which would require tilting the cab, etc. So I went to the dealer for repairs. The good news was that it was ONLY the HOSES which failed. They said that the debris/muck in the skid plate area over the years had weakened the hoses and my excessive LOAD was too much for the corroded hose ends. Basically --- 4 (LONG) hoses and a lot of labor ---- had me back working. I was quite relieved it was hoses and NOT something "BIGGER" !!!

billyb

My 753 Bobcat lost lift and tilt suddenly. Had worked perfectly, never had a problem. What diagnostics are necessary to get at the problem? My machine is around '94, does not have lots of electronics. BICS lights on rear right side of compartment.
Are all your lights on the BICS coming on? If not you may have a safety switch malfunction or bad BICS module. Assuming you have already checked fuses and relays.

Is there any electrical used to energize the valveing for the lift etc. If not start simple. Oil levels, leaks, or any linkage that may control the valve banks I am not familar with this BICS stuff. However, if it is controled by any moduals of sorts maybe a fuse? What drives the pump is that working etc. You can do this first then Pray:)

Latest posts