Bobcat 751 Steering help needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Butters

I went in to adjust the creep and "shaking stick" using the methods posted on here previously. However, the round busing or whatever it is that rubs against the adjustable block has a tremendous amount of play in it. My question is how difficult is that little thing to get out? Is that flat plate above it under spring tension? Any help on dissassembly is greatly appreciated. Thanks! I tried to make this a clickable thumbnail.

OP
OP
B

Butters

Photobucket

skidsteer.ca

I was able to find one photo here
www.photobucket.com/albums/k293/jlpier01
The round part on the arm that contacts the adjuster block must have come loose. That aluminum arm is known to come loose on the pump too.
From what I remember its pretty straight forward to take apart.
Back the centering spring off then remove the plate from the slides
Remove the arm from the hydro and the linkage and see how bad the arm is worn and if you can tighten it up.
You will likely have to go through adjusting the square blocks if you change the way any of the parts fit together, the result will be creeping of one or both sides of the machine.
I can go look this up in my 773 manual to refresh my poor memory if you need it.
Ken

OP
OP
B

Butters

I was able to find one photo here
www.photobucket.com/albums/k293/jlpier01
The round part on the arm that contacts the adjuster block must have come loose. That aluminum arm is known to come loose on the pump too.
From what I remember its pretty straight forward to take apart.
Back the centering spring off then remove the plate from the slides
Remove the arm from the hydro and the linkage and see how bad the arm is worn and if you can tighten it up.
You will likely have to go through adjusting the square blocks if you change the way any of the parts fit together, the result will be creeping of one or both sides of the machine.
I can go look this up in my 773 manual to refresh my poor memory if you need it.
Ken
Thanks, I will defintaley have to replace the round bushing. I made a short video of the bushing wobbling around.
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k293/jlpier01/?action=view¤t=PICT0005.flv

OP
OP
B

Butters

Thanks, I will defintaley have to replace the round bushing. I made a short video of the bushing wobbling around.
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k293/jlpier01/?action=view¤t=PICT0005.flv
I wonder how many shop hours we are talking about for me to just drop it off at Bobcat?

skidsteer.ca

that should be no more then 1 hour, imo.
(for someone who has done a few)
Ken
so long as the bushing has no large flat spots worn on it. it appears to just need tightend up, so long as the arm holding it does not not have the hole all wallowed out, that would be my concern.
Can't figure the video thing out, but I've got an idea how it looks
Ken

Latest posts