Bobcat 751 no high flow backhoe attatchment?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Sbdrums24

Hello I just bought a '98 751 yes the Peugeot motor. It does run good. I had an issue with the fuel hose in the fuel tank falling off. That was fun. Your posts helped me figure that out, thanks. My machine uses 4in1 buckets. Can I add a backhoe attatchment even though the machine does not have "high flow" option. Also if this peugeot motor craps out can i buy a kabota and install it? Would i need a conversion kit? What is in that? Any help would be great thank you.

Tazza

Staff member
Sorry it's the bobcat 751 skidsteer...
A backhoe attachment will happily run on your machine, high flow is not required.
There is a conversion kit for the pug engine, but it will run you about 6k..... Take care of the pug, and it should last you a long time.

OP
OP
S

Sbdrums24

A backhoe attachment will happily run on your machine, high flow is not required.
There is a conversion kit for the pug engine, but it will run you about 6k..... Take care of the pug, and it should last you a long time.
Great thank you. The motor has 2300 hours and I'm getting ready to change the timing belt. I'm not sure which pug motor it is. Are there several variations that bobcat used? Should I get the pulleys and gear kit with the timing belt? Should I go to eBay uk for parts? Thanks in advance.

Tazza

Staff member
Great thank you. The motor has 2300 hours and I'm getting ready to change the timing belt. I'm not sure which pug motor it is. Are there several variations that bobcat used? Should I get the pulleys and gear kit with the timing belt? Should I go to eBay uk for parts? Thanks in advance.
It should be an UXD9
Parts from ebay.co.uk were far cheaper than the dealer or local shops, at least in Australia.
I would get the belt, idler and tensioner, check the water pump while you have the belt off though. You don't want it letting go after replacing these parts.
Remember to lock the crank, cam and injector pump. The cam and injector pump use a bolt, the crank uses a pin through the bell housing into the fly wheel.

OP
OP
S

Sbdrums24

It should be an UXD9
Parts from ebay.co.uk were far cheaper than the dealer or local shops, at least in Australia.
I would get the belt, idler and tensioner, check the water pump while you have the belt off though. You don't want it letting go after replacing these parts.
Remember to lock the crank, cam and injector pump. The cam and injector pump use a bolt, the crank uses a pin through the bell housing into the fly wheel.
Great thank you very much!

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza meant XUD9 engine. Toro used them in their 455 mower (going from memory here), but when I called them about rings, they were as high as Bobcat. Ugh! :) ---Bobbie G.
Sorry, XUD9 is spot on. Whoops!

RalcoBe

Also my 751 is working nice with the backhoe. The Peugeot XUD9 motor is nice. Runs 400.000km in cars .