Bobcat 730 engine died boom up.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ster1

I've never seen this one before. A customer called and said their 730 had died on a jobsite, and could I come have a look. I didn't have my truck with me, so there's not much I could do that day, but I went over anyway, just as a courtesy to them. Come to find out the engine quit with the boom half way up. The operator who is … shall we say … much skinnier than me, was able to wiggle out of there. He, of course didn't remember any trouble codes, and only told me it was running and then not.

I'm going back tomorrow, and I can get to the fittings on the cylinders to open them a little and lower the boom. Then I can get in the cab and see what codes are there. But until then, my question for you folks is, is there any other way to lower the boom if the engine quits? Also, isn't there an emergency escape hatch?

brdgbldr

I've never seen this one before. A customer called and said their 730 had died on a jobsite, and could I come have a look. I didn't have my truck with me, so there's not much I could do that day, but I went over anyway, just as a courtesy to them. Come to find out the engine quit with the boom half way up. The operator who is … shall we say … much skinnier than me, was able to wiggle out of there. He, of course didn't remember any trouble codes, and only told me it was running and then not.

I'm going back tomorrow, and I can get to the fittings on the cylinders to open them a little and lower the boom. Then I can get in the cab and see what codes are there. But until then, my question for you folks is, is there any other way to lower the boom if the engine quits? Also, isn't there an emergency escape hatch?
The escape hatch is the rear window. There is supposed to be a chord that you pull and the window falls out. Not sure I would like getting out this way if there was an engine fire. This is also one of the main reasons that a lot of operators of older machine do not have doors on them.