Bobcat 720 Repower with Onan Diesel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Chris 8603

Well crap!!! Plan b, c, and d !!! Dang backwards Wisconsin motors
From what you've done there already I believe you will come up with a answer. If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun.

OP
OP
C

cadavi15

I'm thinking I'll turn the motor around and run a jackshaft with a heavy chain and sprockets under the engine then back up to the pump. This also gives me the opportunity to tune the gear ratio if I find that 1:1 isn't ideal

OP
OP
C

cadavi15

Does anyone know if the other engine options available for the 700 rotate the same direction? Or are mounted "backwards" like the Wisconsin? I'd imagine Bobcat would use the same pump across all engines, and thus would either require them all to mounted such that they spin the same direction relative to the pump, or the pump is reversible?

Thanks for all your wisdom!

OP
OP
C

cadavi15

Does anyone know if the other engine options available for the 700 rotate the same direction? Or are mounted "backwards" like the Wisconsin? I'd imagine Bobcat would use the same pump across all engines, and thus would either require them all to mounted such that they spin the same direction relative to the pump, or the pump is reversible?

Thanks for all your wisdom!
Now that it's cooling down in Phoenix finally I'd like to get some more progress on this project.

Does anyone have thoughts on the question above? Is there a chance this pump is reversible? Or am I going to need a gearbox/contraption to spin my engine around to drive it from the back?
Thanks!