Bobcat 642 Carb options

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dantra

What's out there for aftermarket Carbs and rebuild kits

Bobert enjoys a good choke to start and a little less choke to run it's smoothest.. No choke at all and he sputters out.

cdmccul

Do you know which carb is on it? Carbs are not that hard to clean up and rebuild, but there are some things to watch for.

cdmccul

Depending on which serial number, it all change what carb you have. If you have the low number 501xxxxx, I have the same carb and can walk you through it very well. I can probably even get you the tool sizes. I can tell you that the aftermarket carbs for this model are NOT directly compatible due to linkage issues... You'd have to get creative.

504xxxxx and I haven't taken apart THAT carb. But they are probably very similar according to the pictures on bobcat.com. But I don't know what aftermarket issues you might have.

As for kit sources, I personally just buy them on eBay and Amazon. You can go to your local NAPA or what have you, and your mileage will carry on if they can get them for you or not. Honestly, in some cases, they are selling you one THEY ordered off eBay or Amazon, etc.

What's your serial number or picture of carb?

Latest posts