bobcat 610 hydraulics not moving

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
Y

Yzracer239

I know when I recently took the fitting off the opposite side of the suction side of the filter housing, the line was dry. I was wondering if it would be worth taking that line off at the opposite end by the pump and pouring fluid down it to hopefully fill the line and the housing to prime it? any thoughts? I feel when I changed my filter, though only by chance my rear end was elevated, but for whatever reason I lost enough fluid in the lines etc. to where now the pump cant draw the fluid in.
After adding fluid as I stated above, I got the hydraulics moving. Im having issues with the valve to raise boom though. As compared to the valve next to it, the valve appears to be in neutral position. The pedal connects to a linkage which connects to a chain link, and then the valve. In the neutral position the link sits at about a 45 degree vertical angle. When pedal is depressed forward, you can see the valve go in maybe almost an 1/8th" then the link pops, or folds over backwards, and it doesnt really wanna pull the valve out either. Is the valve possibly stuck, or is something outta wack with the linkage, which im not certain, but dont believe to be? Really dont wanna have to pull the whole valve body out, but not sure what else to do?

6brnorma

After adding fluid as I stated above, I got the hydraulics moving. Im having issues with the valve to raise boom though. As compared to the valve next to it, the valve appears to be in neutral position. The pedal connects to a linkage which connects to a chain link, and then the valve. In the neutral position the link sits at about a 45 degree vertical angle. When pedal is depressed forward, you can see the valve go in maybe almost an 1/8th" then the link pops, or folds over backwards, and it doesnt really wanna pull the valve out either. Is the valve possibly stuck, or is something outta wack with the linkage, which im not certain, but dont believe to be? Really dont wanna have to pull the whole valve body out, but not sure what else to do?
Best guess is that it is nothing more than a linkage issue…….excessive wear at the clevis pin or the chain link in combination with the threads on the linkage itself. That spool doesn't move a great deal anyway………1/2 inch to 3/4 inch in either direction if I recall correctly.

alchemysa

Best guess is that it is nothing more than a linkage issue…….excessive wear at the clevis pin or the chain link in combination with the threads on the linkage itself. That spool doesn't move a great deal anyway………1/2 inch to 3/4 inch in either direction if I recall correctly.
I don't understand the 'chain link' reference. There's no indication of such a thing on the parts diagrams. The rods should connect directly to the valves with a pin shouldn't they?

6brnorma

I don't understand the 'chain link' reference. There's no indication of such a thing on the parts diagrams. The rods should connect directly to the valves with a pin shouldn't they?
Middle pedal operates it's spool by way of a bellcrank and the connecting mechanism is a chain link (pt#6515186)
That's another possibility…….the bushing inside the bellcrank could be so badly worn that it allows play in the linkage.

6brnorma

Middle pedal operates it's spool by way of a bellcrank and the connecting mechanism is a chain link (pt#6515186)
That's another possibility…….the bushing inside the bellcrank could be so badly worn that it allows play in the linkage.
Opps…….actually it's the lift (left) pedal….but the worn bushing possibility would still apply.

OP
OP
Y

Yzracer239

Opps…….actually it's the lift (left) pedal….but the worn bushing possibility would still apply.
I disconnected the link and put a pry bar up against the valve piston and it still only moves about an 1/8" which is clearly less than the one next to it. Not sure what's going on as I know it worked when I bought the machine last year.

OP
OP
Y

Yzracer239

I disconnected the link and put a pry bar up against the valve piston and it still only moves about an 1/8" which is clearly less than the one next to it. Not sure what's going on as I know it worked when I bought the machine last year.
Is it possible and worth removing that spool with the valve assembly on the machine? Its almost like with the machine being NOT in use something got hung up behind it.

6brnorma

Is it possible and worth removing that spool with the valve assembly on the machine? Its almost like with the machine being NOT in use something got hung up behind it.
Yes, you can remove the spool while the valve is still in the machine. Pretty much a two man job however (one under the machine and one above) ………messy…….

OP
OP
Y

Yzracer239

Yes, you can remove the spool while the valve is still in the machine. Pretty much a two man job however (one under the machine and one above) ………messy…….
I removed the valve spool today, and just so we're clear, When facing the front of the machine, its the right valve body, which lifts the boom, but it is the left spool in the valve body when facing front of machine, though its attached to the LEFT pedal WHEN SITTING on the machine. I removed the large, about 1 1/2" dia. nut, then tapped spool out from the front. The spring on the rear of the spool just behind that large nut. The spring itself and the housing was very sludged and gunked up, so I cleaned it up. I also noticed the spring was mostly compressed already when I removed the spool and inspected it. Any thoughts? There was a lot of gunk built up between the washer stack and does that allen plug need to be turned all the way in? I need to confirm a bit of the orientation of the shim stack. I have the manual but doesnt seem to show the exact spool/body and components I have. Inside the center of the large nut is an allen plug with a small shaft on the backside. I have 5 bevel washers. With the allen plug on a table with the shaft pointing up, is it correct to have the first washer facing up like a dish or saucer, then the rest turned around facing downward at the first one? Also could use a bit of guidance when getting that nut/washer ass. back on the spool spring using those 4 small keeper clips I would call them, inside the nut.

Landmaster

I removed the valve spool today, and just so we're clear, When facing the front of the machine, its the right valve body, which lifts the boom, but it is the left spool in the valve body when facing front of machine, though its attached to the LEFT pedal WHEN SITTING on the machine. I removed the large, about 1 1/2" dia. nut, then tapped spool out from the front. The spring on the rear of the spool just behind that large nut. The spring itself and the housing was very sludged and gunked up, so I cleaned it up. I also noticed the spring was mostly compressed already when I removed the spool and inspected it. Any thoughts? There was a lot of gunk built up between the washer stack and does that allen plug need to be turned all the way in? I need to confirm a bit of the orientation of the shim stack. I have the manual but doesnt seem to show the exact spool/body and components I have. Inside the center of the large nut is an allen plug with a small shaft on the backside. I have 5 bevel washers. With the allen plug on a table with the shaft pointing up, is it correct to have the first washer facing up like a dish or saucer, then the rest turned around facing downward at the first one? Also could use a bit of guidance when getting that nut/washer ass. back on the spool spring using those 4 small keeper clips I would call them, inside the nut.
Welcome to my nightmare....The large nut contains those washers and four cresent bronze collet fingers. And a concave bronze ring. These hold the spool to the nut. I had to assemble with sissors jack on floor of shop and clamping the nut in my bench vise. Pushing up on the entire spool and spring, compressing the spring. Used forceps to aline the collet part, heavy grease to hold into position. Get it wrong and the whole affair comes undone. Dangerous, spring tension. Go slow. Safetyglasses for sure. Run allen insert in just enough to close the collet. No pics or process in any manual. None I have found. I figured it out by disassembly and re assembly and I am a very good Gunsmith and Excellent Mechanic. Go slow and be careful not to damage rare parts. Same nightmare, my boom, working fine one day, not the next. [email protected]

6brnorma

racer……hydraulics is not my strong suit…..Nothing I hate worse then giving someone bad advice. I know enough to stumble through the system but when it comes to some of the major components I usually take it to some one who knows what they are doing. Hope someone that knows more will drop in on this thread and help us both.

laurencen

on the machine is tere a safety bar or switch required to make movement possible, seatbelt maybe? the pump should gravity fill if the oil level is lower than the pump, maybe the auxilary is locked on, I would find the out side of the pump and loosen the fitting, the pump may not pump if full of air,

have you tried priming the line to the pump?

Latest posts