bobcat 610 aux hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Yzracer239

Just got a 610 with the 3rd middle pedal. Where exactly are the hookups for the aux lines? Is it equipped to run two separate rams like a blade with left and right angle?

mark18mwm

The aux hyd hook-ups are at the back of the machine above the rear of the engine on the right side. There will be two steel tubes capped (usually) with pipe plugs. most guys seem to like to run hyd hoses or lines to the front, down the boom, to the end of the boom and put quick couplers on for convenience. To run it with two cyls like you suggest with a blade is easy, run one hose in one end of the cylinder, then the other hose in the opposite end of the other cylinder. then, run a hose between the two remaining ports on the cylinders, one end will be the ram end of the cylinder the other end will be on the mounting (butt) end. I hope I explained that alright.

OP
OP
Y

Yzracer239

The aux hyd hook-ups are at the back of the machine above the rear of the engine on the right side. There will be two steel tubes capped (usually) with pipe plugs. most guys seem to like to run hyd hoses or lines to the front, down the boom, to the end of the boom and put quick couplers on for convenience. To run it with two cyls like you suggest with a blade is easy, run one hose in one end of the cylinder, then the other hose in the opposite end of the other cylinder. then, run a hose between the two remaining ports on the cylinders, one end will be the ram end of the cylinder the other end will be on the mounting (butt) end. I hope I explained that alright.
I looked at my machine and have no unused hydraulic lines at the rear of my machine. They could have been easily removed or replumbed by previous owner. I was looking to hear in detail where they derive from on the pump and where the missing linkage to my middle pedal hooks up to the valve. thanks for any help

mark18mwm

I looked at my machine and have no unused hydraulic lines at the rear of my machine. They could have been easily removed or replumbed by previous owner. I was looking to hear in detail where they derive from on the pump and where the missing linkage to my middle pedal hooks up to the valve. thanks for any help
If there is no linkage on the pedal or lines to the back, you may want to pull up the floor boards and make sure you have a valve for aux hyd. The will be valves below the seat and battery, you get to them through the floor. I don't believe all machines had aux hyd, yours may not or somebody disconnected it for some reason. The lines (if they where there) run from the valve.

SkidRoe

If there is no linkage on the pedal or lines to the back, you may want to pull up the floor boards and make sure you have a valve for aux hyd. The will be valves below the seat and battery, you get to them through the floor. I don't believe all machines had aux hyd, yours may not or somebody disconnected it for some reason. The lines (if they where there) run from the valve.
My machine had a three spool valve, but the third spool was a dummy, with no linkage connected to it. I had to install a spool kit, the control linkage and all the lines to get auxiliaries on it. Hope you don't have to go that far. Like mark said, do some more snooping to see what you do have. Cheers - SR

Dont know if anyone is watching this old post , if so: I have a 610 and found nothing on the center pedal. Is it a power up and power down OR is it just a power and what I would call a return Line? want to know if I should buy a grapple bucket for it at the auction house. Thanks for any help

foton

I had a 500 bobcat and the center pedal is to operate the remotes on that machine. other older machines that is the brake,(like 743)

I had a 500 bobcat and the center pedal is to operate the remotes on that machine. other older machines that is the brake,(like 743)
Thanks for the response Foton , I have a M610, I understand it is the auxiliary use pedal. my question is, I have 2 lines with quick connects at the rear of my skid for center pedal. I am hoping both are Power with toe and heel use of pedal??? That way it can open and close a grapple bucket. thanks for your help.

2bobcats

The middle pedal just allows you to get hydraulics to valve that you need to operate an accessory . Push it forward to get fluid to valve. Push it down to so hydraulic will not work. Same thing as a 600

Thanks 2BC , so are you saying it will open and close a grapple bucket ? or would it be push the toe for power and heel for return or release of hydraulics? Thanks again for helping here. I have a few manuals and there is nothing on auxiliary pedal in the books or on line. I have seen a few vids of a guy in Cali with a grapple on his 610. Thanks,

foton

on the 500 I had I took those two pipes in the rear and used hose from there along the beam to the front of the bucket and added a universal bolt on single jaw grapple, worked pretty well. it also helped as the skid steer was to light in the front so the extra weight did some good.

lmcl123

OK, I don't claim to be an expert on the Bobcat 610....Ahh, who am I kidding! I did a full restoration of a 1972 M610 last winter. I used it for the summer and this winter to make sure it ran well. I sold it for $18k a couple months ago! I love that machine! None of that headache causing electrical crap that was on my 773G! I have one more that I'm going to restore next winter. Anyway, that center pedal is indeed the auxiliary control. I used my grapple and plow on the machine this past year, and one peddle direction opens grapple and the other peddle direction closes the grapple. My two 610s had two different aux hydraulic types of control tubes ending at the back of the machine. I ended up running 3/8" inch lines down the left boom arm to quick connects that fit into a piece of angle iron that I drilled and welded to the boom. Attached are some photos of the auxiliary hydraulics, and of the 610 before and after. I'll take some pictures of the other aux setup in the next couple days and post them for you. Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_20230428_100723.jpg
    IMG_20230428_100723.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20230428_100723a.jpg
    IMG_20230428_100723a.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20240119_145040.jpg
    IMG_20240119_145040.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20240119_145040a.jpg
    IMG_20240119_145040a.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20221013_194943.jpg
    IMG_20221013_194943.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230428_100655.jpg
    IMG_20230428_100655.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20240106_121413.jpg
    IMG_20240106_121413.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20240106_124410.jpg
    IMG_20240106_124410.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 49

lmcl123

The Auxillary hydraulic also raises and lowers the ripper attachment that I built for the back of the machine

on the 500 I had I took those two pipes in the rear and used hose from there along the beam to the front of the bucket and added a universal bolt on single jaw grapple, worked pretty well. it also helped as the skid steer was to light in the front so the extra weight did some good.
Thanks Foton! There is actually a Bolt on grapple at the auction that i might bid on as well (gotta see what there going for) I like the idea of the added weight to the front for sure ,great thinking . But i was hoping to find one of those skeleton grapple buckets. The scout camps i volunteer at have brush piles that i would like to scoop and shake out before we burn them in a new area. Have a great Easter weekend and thanks again!

OK, I don't claim to be an expert on the Bobcat 610....Ahh, who am I kidding! I did a full restoration of a 1972 M610 last winter. I used it for the summer and this winter to make sure it ran well. I sold it for $18k a couple months ago! I love that machine! None of that headache causing electrical crap that was on my 773G! I have one more that I'm going to restore next winter. Anyway, that center pedal is indeed the auxiliary control. I used my grapple and plow on the machine this past year, and one peddle direction opens grapple and the other peddle direction closes the grapple. My two 610s had two different aux hydraulic types of control tubes ending at the back of the machine. I ended up running 3/8" inch lines down the left boom arm to quick connects that fit into a piece of angle iron that I drilled and welded to the boom. Attached are some photos of the auxiliary hydraulics, and of the 610 before and after. I'll take some pictures of the other aux setup in the next couple days and post them for you. Good luck
Wow, Your indeed an expert! Thats such a freaking awesome restore!! Do you have a you tube or facebook page with your adventures? Look forward to any more pics of your builds, thanks for the help. Could you share any links to parts houses for older Cats. I am looking for side cover/clutch access gaskets, want to have them on hand before I inspect/replace clutch's. Thanks again sir for taking the time to share your cool ass work with us! I dont know if I could sell something that looked that good and all that work ya put in. But 18K is like wow! have a great easter weeekend and look forward to seeing more from ya! Jim PS, attached a pic heading home from the auction last fall with my 76'

The Auxillary hydraulic also raises and lowers the ripper attachment that I built for the back of the machine
Look forward to some pics of how you engineered that! I have quick connects at the rear right now where it comes out of the engine compartment . So it would be easier for me to hook up a set of lines to run down to a ripper OR switch to a line set out front.

Last edited:

2bobcats

That is correct. Hydraulic will not work when push heel down. 600 has 2 lines on rear right facing to the front. Line towards the front is the feed. Line closes to the rear is the return. Good luck.

lmcl123

Look forward to some pics of how you engineered that! I have quick connects at the rear right now where it comes out of the engine compartment . So it would be easier for me to hook up a set of lines to run down to a ripper OR switch to a line set out front.
I do not have a youtube page(on my bucket list) or facebook (definitely not on my bucket list). When I get some time I think I might be able to make a google photos album and post a link to it, and thanks for the compliments.

Latest posts