Bobcat 463 cooling fans

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scooturz

Could someone with a 463 (or even aMT52) take a look at the cooling fans. I am trying to find out what the manufacturers part number is so I can try to track a pair down rather than buy them from a dealer (the Bobcat part number is 6680160). The fans are made by SPAL and have a sticker on them on the top of the fan motor. with the SPAL model number. Trouble is mine have worn away so I can't make out enough to track one down. I have looked through the SPAL catalogue but cant find one that matches exactly. It would be so much easier with the proper number. Also does anyone know if they are push or pull fans or anyone have a recommendation on some aftermarket fans that they have found worked well for this machine. The OEM ones are pretty low profile compared with many cheaper ones you can find. Any help much appreciated

OldMachinist

There have been a couple of other members that were looking for replacement fans. One said the only thing on his label was AP7/CW. Another member said that Bobcat gets $92 each for new fans.

OP
OP
S

scooturz

There have been a couple of other members that were looking for replacement fans. One said the only thing on his label was AP7/CW. Another member said that Bobcat gets $92 each for new fans.
Thanks Machinist. The AP7/ CW comment was mine form a couple of years ago, but I'm only sure about the AP7 part - The CW was a guess at what the messed up label said and I'm missing part of the label. I don't think CW is correct. I've looked through the Spal catalog but cannot find the correct one. I thought VA07-AP7/C31 was the correct one - all dimensions looked right but I noticed blades were wrong shape so I'm stuck. last time I was quoted a dealer price in Canada the fan was $150 and I need 2 and they are hard to find hence looking for alternate supplier

OP
OP
S

scooturz

Thanks Machinist. The AP7/ CW comment was mine form a couple of years ago, but I'm only sure about the AP7 part - The CW was a guess at what the messed up label said and I'm missing part of the label. I don't think CW is correct. I've looked through the Spal catalog but cannot find the correct one. I thought VA07-AP7/C31 was the correct one - all dimensions looked right but I noticed blades were wrong shape so I'm stuck. last time I was quoted a dealer price in Canada the fan was $150 and I need 2 and they are hard to find hence looking for alternate supplier
I Knew there was a reason for shopping around for these - called the dealer today $233 CAD each!

SkidRoe

I Knew there was a reason for shopping around for these - called the dealer today $233 CAD each!
Where in Canada are you? I have a buddy who does business with SPAL and a few other fan manufacturers. If you are in South Western Ontario, he may be able to help.
Cheers - SR

OP
OP
S

scooturz

Where in Canada are you? I have a buddy who does business with SPAL and a few other fan manufacturers. If you are in South Western Ontario, he may be able to help.
Cheers - SR
Thanks Guys SR I'm in central ontario. I'm sure someone in the trade would be be able to identify the fan. I would post a picture here if I knew how!

OldMachinist

Thanks Guys SR I'm in central ontario. I'm sure someone in the trade would be be able to identify the fan. I would post a picture here if I knew how!
Pictures have to hosted somewhere on the internet(like Photobucket), then copy and paste the image(not the link) into your post.

jakeblade

I got a SPAL push spiral 9" fan, low profile, from A1 Electronics, for around $80 shipped. The original on my 2008 Bobcat 463 had the spiral blades also. Spal 30100608 9" Curved Blade Fan (Push) I realize this is an old thread but wanted to post an update because I spent some hours digging this information up.