Blowing Hose

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ks9065

We just got our motor back in our 863 and started it tonight and we blew the return hose from the hydraulic valve. I am not sure what would cause the return to be high pressure. There is a pump inside the hydro and if anyone is familiar with the hydro is it possible when the shaft is out on the pump end can the gear pump get out of wack and be pumping backwards now and creating the high pressure?

Tazza

Staff member
There is no reason for the pump to run backwards.
Could the hose have been flawed? any cracks on it? other where it split that is.
Sounds odd, if you only did the engine, the rest of the hydros wouldn't be touched. Hopefully just bad timing.

OP
OP
K

ks9065

There is no reason for the pump to run backwards.
Could the hose have been flawed? any cracks on it? other where it split that is.
Sounds odd, if you only did the engine, the rest of the hydros wouldn't be touched. Hopefully just bad timing.
The only thing we had to do with the hydros is we took the pump side end plate off and had to drill and tap the mount hole. In order to do that we set the hydro up on end with the pully end down and pulled the end plate off with the shaft. We never had any of the insides of the hydro out just the one end of the shaft. After looking more at the manual this morning I don't belive that the cover of the charge pump could turn without splitting the hydros.

Fishfiles

The only thing we had to do with the hydros is we took the pump side end plate off and had to drill and tap the mount hole. In order to do that we set the hydro up on end with the pully end down and pulled the end plate off with the shaft. We never had any of the insides of the hydro out just the one end of the shaft. After looking more at the manual this morning I don't belive that the cover of the charge pump could turn without splitting the hydros.
I am trying to read in between the lines and understand what started all this : some thoughts ----did you flip the pump over and have the pressure and return reversed -----did you put a new gear pump and not remove the red plastic plug in the internal port -------------did you hook up a hose in the wrong spot

OP
OP
K

ks9065

I am trying to read in between the lines and understand what started all this : some thoughts ----did you flip the pump over and have the pressure and return reversed -----did you put a new gear pump and not remove the red plastic plug in the internal port -------------did you hook up a hose in the wrong spot
Sorry it was a little hard to explain what was going on but we did get it figured out. The hose that it was blowing off was the one from the return filter to the back of the hydros. Where it goes into the back of the hydro it meets up with two other hoses in a fitting. Somehow the spring inside the hose got jamed into the fitting and got bent all up in the fitting and was restricting the flow enough to create a bunch of pressure. I have no idea how it got this way and it must have just been bad timing and decided to bother when we put it all back together.