Big boy in a 743. Safety bar tight, thinking of upgrade.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

clydebusa

I am a kinda big boy and enjoy groceries. Bought a 743 and fit fine until I installed a new seat. Actually took the tracking off of the seat and it is do able now. My problem will be in the winter with winter clothing. At this point I am thinking of altering the safty bar for more room. Before I do this I was going to see if any of you had ideas on this. Thank you!

TriHonu

Bobcat offered a Large Operator Seat Bar Kit as an option on many loaders.
If you have the skills, I wouldn't have any concerns with cutting and extending the seat bar. I would add slugs inside the tube joints and weld. Just make sure that you don't extended it so far that it hits the inside of the cab or door when you lower it.
I'm not a big guy, yet when I changed out my standard seat for a suspension seat I was surprised how much leg room I lost.

OP
OP
clydebusa

clydebusa

Bobcat offered a Large Operator Seat Bar Kit as an option on many loaders.
If you have the skills, I wouldn't have any concerns with cutting and extending the seat bar. I would add slugs inside the tube joints and weld. Just make sure that you don't extended it so far that it hits the inside of the cab or door when you lower it.
I'm not a big guy, yet when I changed out my standard seat for a suspension seat I was surprised how much leg room I lost.
Thanks for your reply. Do some looking at it this morning and will do as you suggested.

spitzair

There was a member a few years back did this too, i believe he had great success with it as well.
Wait a sec... If I'm not mistaken the seat bar on a 743 is hinged at the front of the cab so we would have to cut a small piece of the seat bar out instead of welding some in there. I could be wrong of course...

OP
OP
clydebusa

clydebusa

Wait a sec... If I'm not mistaken the seat bar on a 743 is hinged at the front of the cab so we would have to cut a small piece of the seat bar out instead of welding some in there. I could be wrong of course...
True, but the side of the safety bar goes to the bottom and engages the hydraulics . So I cut and added from there to give me a couple of inches. Probably will have to add another inch when cold weather gets here for a coat. Will see, need to loose weight!

Latest posts