Belt for OMC Mustang 1200 skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bz1bz1

tplal05, Read this post. Saw your post on needing a new belt for the 1200 skid steer. For some reason the forum will not let me reply to your post so I created this one. I have owned an old 1200 for 15 years and have rebuilt much of it. I am an engineer and I took all the proper measurements and power requirements and came up with a replacement belt for the 1200. I installed this belt on my machine 10 years ago and have been using it since. The belt is a standard catolog item from Dayco, part number 513-226-7000. I'm sure any industrial belt supplier can get this belt or cross reference to another brand. This one still costs around $50 or $60 I think but cheaper than the OEM belt and I think it will last longer since it uses more modern belt making technology. This belt is not near as thick as the OEM one but don't worry, the thickness of the old one was to prevent width wise buckling of the belt. The newer design of the Dayco has stiffening elements built in that aleviate the need to be so thick. I have had no problem with this belt wearing or slipping. Hope this helps.

mwd47586

How do bleed the hydraulic system on the OMC 1200 Mustang skid steer mine has sit for 2 years I'm trying to get it ready to use this summer. Got it running good just has unresponsive hydraulic's and had to loosen the drive belt besause it was trying to drive while trying to start the engine for some reason. Anything you can tell my would be great see you owned on for over 15 years

Latest posts