BALE SPEAR

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ggg7lazy77

Just was wondering if somebody had a picture & or building plans to make a homemade quick attach bale spear?

trg753

I built a bale spear frame out of 4" square tubing. The frame is just as wide or a little wider than my 753 Bobcat. I have 2 spears on the very bottom of the frame like a forklift. I also can put in my third spear in the bottom middle of the frame. I almost never use the third spear. I never hardly have to spear a bale. It works great to pick up a round bale lying flat, on end. I stack the bales 2 high in the barn and fed with it all winter. The spears are about 4 ft. long. If I can figure out how to get a picture on here for you I will. Tom

farmboy55

I built a bale spear frame out of 4" square tubing. The frame is just as wide or a little wider than my 753 Bobcat. I have 2 spears on the very bottom of the frame like a forklift. I also can put in my third spear in the bottom middle of the frame. I almost never use the third spear. I never hardly have to spear a bale. It works great to pick up a round bale lying flat, on end. I stack the bales 2 high in the barn and fed with it all winter. The spears are about 4 ft. long. If I can figure out how to get a picture on here for you I will. Tom
Just built one, used 2x2 1/4 thick tubeing for the frame, built the same size as the bobtack plate. Purchase a spear & sleeve at Tractor Supply. I'll try a picture later for you. dennis

langoley

Just built one, used 2x2 1/4 thick tubeing for the frame, built the same size as the bobtack plate. Purchase a spear & sleeve at Tractor Supply. I'll try a picture later for you. dennis
If you are going to buy a bale spear and "bushing" to build one,the ONLY place to buy it from is agri-supply.com. They are cheaper than any where else than I have found !!! A 3500# spear is only $46 plus $14.00 for the bushing.Our local "green dealer here wanis $135 for the same thing!!

perry

If you are going to buy a bale spear and "bushing" to build one,the ONLY place to buy it from is agri-supply.com. They are cheaper than any where else than I have found !!! A 3500# spear is only $46 plus $14.00 for the bushing.Our local "green dealer here wanis $135 for the same thing!!
Curious if a hydraulic cylinder rod would work as a spear?, I have access to 4-6 foot cylinders that are not worth fixing.

skidsteer.ca

Curious if a hydraulic cylinder rod would work as a spear?, I have access to 4-6 foot cylinders that are not worth fixing.
They would likely work if there are 2" dia or greater. Pretty tough steel. Still I think I'd prefer the replacable spears. if they break they are quick to replace and for 75 each they labor needed to make something else work factors in pretty quick imo.
Ken

perry

They would likely work if there are 2" dia or greater. Pretty tough steel. Still I think I'd prefer the replacable spears. if they break they are quick to replace and for 75 each they labor needed to make something else work factors in pretty quick imo.
Ken
Yep!.

Latest posts