Backhoe Brackets (Upper stabilizer)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bfingar

A couple of 2" tow balls, two 2" receivers, some 3" x 4" x 3/8" angle and a couple 3 x 3 square tube blocks is all it takes to make these brackets! I need to clean this up a little, but they are going together quite well.

IM000287.JPG

IM000288.JPG

IM000290.JPG

IM000291.JPG

farmboy55

You have to have them for sure. I have a 709 attachment on my 853, can't imagine useing the backhoe without thr brackets. dennis

skidsteer.ca

The factory bobcat hoes that mounted like this were known for pulling the balls right through the rear side of the trailer hitch couplers. Mine (on 909 Bobcat hoe) was repaired b4 I ever owned it , but they wrapped a piece of 3/8 by 2" flat around the back side and welded it to the coupler.
I still feel the quick release 3pt (upper link from tractor 3pt) is the easy way out. I wish I'd taken a picture of the 911 pro deere extendahoe I had, it was on a big Cat skid, and the 3rd link is what they used, never gave them any trouble by the looks of it, was not repaired anywhere,
You picked up the hoe with your bobtach, then this link pivoted down on the hoe and snapped over a ball on the loader. The ball was mounted on 2 1/2" thick ears welded to the frame of the loader. A pin went through the ears and a ball went around the pin.
You just pulled the spring pin back and snapped the 3rd link over the ball on the loader.
It was quick and easy and required little fabrication.
What you did will work jusst fine, but it is a liitle more trouble to hook up. You have to get your bucket tilt just right then lower hoe over the balls, With the 3rd link setup, you adjusted the 3rd link lenght with the boom on the hoe the lower the link by hand.
I modified a 909 bobcat hoe that used to mount like this over to the new (Bobcat 709) brackets that bobcat uses that go outside the loader boom.
At that time I had not seen the setup on th Jd, If I'd seen that b4 I could have saved myself $400.00 on the fancy loader brackets, And now my hoe would have fit my New Holland Ls 160.
Because of course the NH boom is 2" too wide to fit the current 709 style bobcat hoe
Hope I don't sound too critical, either system does the jog of stabilizing the top of the hoe, It just that the tractor link is easier to use and could be transferred to almost any loader with minimal work
Regards
Ken

OP
OP
B

bfingar

The factory bobcat hoes that mounted like this were known for pulling the balls right through the rear side of the trailer hitch couplers. Mine (on 909 Bobcat hoe) was repaired b4 I ever owned it , but they wrapped a piece of 3/8 by 2" flat around the back side and welded it to the coupler.
I still feel the quick release 3pt (upper link from tractor 3pt) is the easy way out. I wish I'd taken a picture of the 911 pro deere extendahoe I had, it was on a big Cat skid, and the 3rd link is what they used, never gave them any trouble by the looks of it, was not repaired anywhere,
You picked up the hoe with your bobtach, then this link pivoted down on the hoe and snapped over a ball on the loader. The ball was mounted on 2 1/2" thick ears welded to the frame of the loader. A pin went through the ears and a ball went around the pin.
You just pulled the spring pin back and snapped the 3rd link over the ball on the loader.
It was quick and easy and required little fabrication.
What you did will work jusst fine, but it is a liitle more trouble to hook up. You have to get your bucket tilt just right then lower hoe over the balls, With the 3rd link setup, you adjusted the 3rd link lenght with the boom on the hoe the lower the link by hand.
I modified a 909 bobcat hoe that used to mount like this over to the new (Bobcat 709) brackets that bobcat uses that go outside the loader boom.
At that time I had not seen the setup on th Jd, If I'd seen that b4 I could have saved myself $400.00 on the fancy loader brackets, And now my hoe would have fit my New Holland Ls 160.
Because of course the NH boom is 2" too wide to fit the current 709 style bobcat hoe
Hope I don't sound too critical, either system does the jog of stabilizing the top of the hoe, It just that the tractor link is easier to use and could be transferred to almost any loader with minimal work
Regards
Ken
Ken:
I read about using the 3 point hitch top stabilizer link a couple of weeks ago, however, that was after I already rounded up the equipment and started fabricating this upper stabilizer. This mount is for the one and only Bobcat I own which is a 642. I do not think this unit will have to power to pull the 2" balls throught the receiver, but if it does, I will be happy to repair the receivers with some 3/8" thick steel! It will be interesting to see how well this unit works with the new digger attached.
Hitching up the hoe isn't much of an issue, it might take a little longer to hook up, but this is a personal project and not going to be used as a professional set up. The project is more of a hobby to enhance my "do it myself" attitude. I have a footer to dig in the spring and would like to use this setup to do the work.
Thanks for the advice

Bernie