ASV RC60 w/ Cat BH30 backhoe

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ASV603

Hi guys, I am new to skid steers and trying to learn as much as I can. I just bought a 2004 ASV RC60 and I am looking for a used backhoe attachment. I have been told by several people that pre 2010 Cat and ASV couplers/attach plates are the same. I have an opportunity to purchase a Cat BH30 (SE00249/S, WT: 204-4017). The identification plate says it is 17 gpm, so flow should not be a problem. I called Cat directly today and the person I spoke to gave me the line "only a Cat can run Cat attachments, you need to call Terex". So who is right? I also have an opportunity to buy a Bradco 511 for $1900, but it would cost $2000 in parts to set it up for the ASV. The BH30 is out of state (eBay) so there is no way I could take my machine that far to test it out. I like the idea of the controls in the cab and the sliding boom on the BH30. Has anyone done anything like this? Ideas? Thoughts? Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
No matter what style, you can make it fit with some cutting and welding if it was to be different.

OP
OP
A

ASV603

No matter what style, you can make it fit with some cutting and welding if it was to be different.
I went with the Cat BH30 and of course the upper mounting bracket didn't match up. So I looked at the mounting system on the Terex Posi-tool hoe and tried to copy the brackets the best I could. I ending up making the parts with some simple inexpensive odds and ends from Tractor Supply. I used 1 inch grade 8 bolts which I slide into Cat 3 tractor hitch sleeves which fit in the factory holes on the loader arm perfectly. I then used a 3/8 metal plate on each side connected through the loader arm via 3/4 inch threaded rod. Welded it all together and the brackets are complete. From the hoe, I welded four Cat 2 hitch receivers (two on each side) and slid a Cat 2 hitch pin between them. This allowed the Cat mounting system to be used to connect the hoe to the ASV. So far it is very solid.

Tazza

Staff member
I went with the Cat BH30 and of course the upper mounting bracket didn't match up. So I looked at the mounting system on the Terex Posi-tool hoe and tried to copy the brackets the best I could. I ending up making the parts with some simple inexpensive odds and ends from Tractor Supply. I used 1 inch grade 8 bolts which I slide into Cat 3 tractor hitch sleeves which fit in the factory holes on the loader arm perfectly. I then used a 3/8 metal plate on each side connected through the loader arm via 3/4 inch threaded rod. Welded it all together and the brackets are complete. From the hoe, I welded four Cat 2 hitch receivers (two on each side) and slid a Cat 2 hitch pin between them. This allowed the Cat mounting system to be used to connect the hoe to the ASV. So far it is very solid.
Well done, not a lot that can't get modified to fit with time and thought.

keyguy

I'm wondering if the upper mounting bracket you mention, is what I am looking for, since it was lost my divorce. I'm talking about a metal bracket that mounts on the skid steer on the lip you have to step over to get into the skidsteer seat. This metal bracket is a hunk of steel that is about 18 inches wide, made of 4 x 1 inch angle iron, with two knuckles that stick up. The two yellow support arms on the BH30W connect to these knuckles. I have a low resolution line drawing but I'm not sure how to post it. All dimensions are from memory. Should you have the bracket, and not need it, I am interested in it since I've not used my BH30W for several years now. Otherwise, If anyone has a drawing I could used to fabricate the parts, that would be great. The part is CAT 2044024

OP
OP
A

ASV603

I'm wondering if the upper mounting bracket you mention, is what I am looking for, since it was lost my divorce. I'm talking about a metal bracket that mounts on the skid steer on the lip you have to step over to get into the skidsteer seat. This metal bracket is a hunk of steel that is about 18 inches wide, made of 4 x 1 inch angle iron, with two knuckles that stick up. The two yellow support arms on the BH30W connect to these knuckles. I have a low resolution line drawing but I'm not sure how to post it. All dimensions are from memory. Should you have the bracket, and not need it, I am interested in it since I've not used my BH30W for several years now. Otherwise, If anyone has a drawing I could used to fabricate the parts, that would be great. The part is CAT 2044024
I do have that bracket, but I think it is in my best interest to keep it should I decide to sell the backhoe. Anyone buying it for a Cat machine would need it, and as you mentioned they are difficult to find. Sorry but I think I should hold on to it.

keyguy

I do have that bracket, but I think it is in my best interest to keep it should I decide to sell the backhoe. Anyone buying it for a Cat machine would need it, and as you mentioned they are difficult to find. Sorry but I think I should hold on to it.
I just saw your reply. Could I get some dimensions off the mounting plate to enable me to make one ? I can send the figure cat gives so you would just take some measurements and write them down. It would be much appreciated.

Latest posts