ASV RC60 Hydraulic Fluid type cold weather

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hampy123

What type of hydraulic fluid does everyone use in these machines?

Manual calls for ASV Posi-Lube premium all season "MV Hydraulic Oil" or Chevron Rykon MV, both of which you can't seem to get anymore.

Previous owner had replaced a blown line to one of the drive motors and left the machine a couple gallons low when I picked it up this spring. Napa guys didn't have/know about a MV oil and insisted I needed a universal tractor fluid. Topped it off with that and changed the filter this spring and everything worked fine (minus a hard push issue I have in another thread).

Yesterday was my first time trying to plow with it. Temps were less than 20 degree outside and the drive system was extremely sluggish. It pushed the snow fine but probably a good 2-3 second delay when pulling back on the stick to back up. In warm weather I don't have that issue and the machine is very responsive. So I am thinking, in part, I might need a lower visc oil.

I'm sure I have a secondary issue going on as well that perhaps the cold weather is amplifying. In warm weather just a few times it has stopped moving if I push something too hard, which shutting the machine off/on fixes.

Latest posts