Arms went up, won't come back down!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Litnng

I have just finished reassembling my 753. I tore the machine completely down to sand blast and paint. After my initial start-up, I was trying the hydraulics out and the boom went up as it should have but won't come back down and the bucket cylinder won't move. Any thoughts? I'm thinking that the system has an air lock but everything that I have read on this site says that the system should self bleed. I didn't run the machine long but I did notice that the oil cooler and filter got hotter than I thought they should have been. Oil level in the tank is up where it should be. Thanks in advance for any input.

Tazza

Staff member
Are all your bics lights on? It sounds like the lock out solenoid to prevent the lift and tilt from working for safety.
Extra heat is normal when there is air in the system too. It will bleed on its own and should be ok.

OP
OP
L

Litnng

Are all your bics lights on? It sounds like the lock out solenoid to prevent the lift and tilt from working for safety.
Extra heat is normal when there is air in the system too. It will bleed on its own and should be ok.
Yes, all of my lights are on on the BICS

m610

Sounds like the auxiliaries may be stuck on....are the wires on the proper coils at the control valve?
I had this happen after cleaning out a 753 for service. The connector to the BICS valve solenoid fell out, and the arms would not move. I used the manual release to lower the arms, then lifted the cab to find the connector unattached. I then incorrectly connected twice before getting the right connector. There are a few two terminal connectors that would fit.