Anyone here make their own hydraulic hoses?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bobcatdan

I have used Parker, Gates and weatherhead. Factory, Bobcat uses gate. Personally I kinda like weatherhead, Gates crimpers are a little over complicated. Parker is normally the most expensive. Unless you plan on making money making hoses, its really not worth having the set up. A crimper will easily be over $2000. You'll need to spend more if you want one that can do drive motor hoses. Then add bulk hose and fittings. You can normally work a deal with a supplier if you buy say $8000 in stock, they will give you a crimper. If it made sense, I'd own one, but I never would have enough business to justify the inventory on hand. It becomes pointless to have it if I don't have the right end sitting on my shelf.

farmshop

I have used Parker, Gates and weatherhead. Factory, Bobcat uses gate. Personally I kinda like weatherhead, Gates crimpers are a little over complicated. Parker is normally the most expensive. Unless you plan on making money making hoses, its really not worth having the set up. A crimper will easily be over $2000. You'll need to spend more if you want one that can do drive motor hoses. Then add bulk hose and fittings. You can normally work a deal with a supplier if you buy say $8000 in stock, they will give you a crimper. If it made sense, I'd own one, but I never would have enough business to justify the inventory on hand. It becomes pointless to have it if I don't have the right end sitting on my shelf.
We have a weatherhead and make 2 wire hoses. The only time I have had problems was a drive motor on a t-190 have done other drive motor hoses with out problems. I chose weatherhead because it is what the local parts places have so if need to I can pick stuff up if needed

tndigger

We have a weatherhead and make 2 wire hoses. The only time I have had problems was a drive motor on a t-190 have done other drive motor hoses with out problems. I chose weatherhead because it is what the local parts places have so if need to I can pick stuff up if needed
I bought a refurbished crimper from a company in Louisville, KY. The company had an ad in a farm magazine. It came with 5 dies and has worked very well. I think it is a weatherhead brand. I buy fittings and hose from Bailey Hydraulics. Most people say don't reuse hydraulic hose but if the bad spot is near the fitting or in the middle of a long hose then I will put new fittings on. When we go to a job I will carry a couple extra hoses with several adapters to replace a hose onsite.

7LBSSMALLIE

I bought a refurbished crimper from a company in Louisville, KY. The company had an ad in a farm magazine. It came with 5 dies and has worked very well. I think it is a weatherhead brand. I buy fittings and hose from Bailey Hydraulics. Most people say don't reuse hydraulic hose but if the bad spot is near the fitting or in the middle of a long hose then I will put new fittings on. When we go to a job I will carry a couple extra hoses with several adapters to replace a hose onsite.
yea. I do not do vital hoses. as pump to control valve. or drive hoses. the rest are fir game.

Tazza

Staff member
yea. I do not do vital hoses. as pump to control valve. or drive hoses. the rest are fir game.
My dad got hold of a used crimper and dies, works very well.
No problems doing any hose, we have a stock pile of new hose, so we don't risk re-using old hoses.
As long as you have crimp dimensions to get it right, you can't go wrong.