Am I that far behind??? Doosan takes control of Bobcat?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I think there was a post here a few months back about this. Essentially there was no change to the way Bobcat was to operate.

pondfishr

I think there was a post here a few months back about this. Essentially there was no change to the way Bobcat was to operate.
I spoke to our local dealer hear a couple of weeks ago and they said that Bobcat will continue to use Kubota power and not Doosan. The Doosan skidsteer looks like a pretty basic machine with Cummins power? I wonder if Doosan will continue to manufacture their brand and if the Bobcat dealers will carry both. Also how will it effect pricing?

Shimmy

I spoke to our local dealer hear a couple of weeks ago and they said that Bobcat will continue to use Kubota power and not Doosan. The Doosan skidsteer looks like a pretty basic machine with Cummins power? I wonder if Doosan will continue to manufacture their brand and if the Bobcat dealers will carry both. Also how will it effect pricing?
I can tell you this is there is already a team at Bobcat from Doosan to bring the two companies together. I would think as Doosan owns an environmentally friendly engine manufacturing facility you'll at some time see their engines. The rest of the story is yet to unfold.

perry

I can tell you this is there is already a team at Bobcat from Doosan to bring the two companies together. I would think as Doosan owns an environmentally friendly engine manufacturing facility you'll at some time see their engines. The rest of the story is yet to unfold.
I found an article in a ND newspaper mostly about the 2500 workers, who were concerned about work rules, Doosan said everything will remain the same. A few months ago I was talking to a BC mechanic about training, he said they are sent to ND once in a while for training on new machines, I thought is was funny when he said most of the workers are of viking heritage!.