Almost there! Now how to bleed the air of the fuel lines?Lx885

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

briguy98

It appears the pump and screw method on the owners manual is not working. I think my fuel filter is not getting fuel. Can someone describe the method of using the bleeder valves on the system? Where are the bleeder valves? Brian

Mike10

I use an electric fuel pump when the hand pump does not work. You can either mount it permanently or just install temporarily to get the air bled out of the system.

jdlipinski

I use an electric fuel pump when the hand pump does not work. You can either mount it permanently or just install temporarily to get the air bled out of the system.
If you don't have an electric pump, pull and plug off the return from the tank, take an air blow gun, wrap a rag around it, and place into the fuel filler pipe. GENTLY puff the tank, and watch for fuel to run out the return line. Hook the return back up and go! Make sure the key is on when you are trying to prime.

OP
OP
B

briguy98

If you don't have an electric pump, pull and plug off the return from the tank, take an air blow gun, wrap a rag around it, and place into the fuel filler pipe. GENTLY puff the tank, and watch for fuel to run out the return line. Hook the return back up and go! Make sure the key is on when you are trying to prime.
I can't seem to get any fuel past the filter. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
B

briguy98

Do you have the key on? What are you using for a pump. After re reading my last post, plug the return in the tank, leave the hose open.
Got it! It was the fuel filter rubber o ring. The machine is running! Thanks to everyone who pitchd in!