Aftermarket tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xtreem3d

hi guys,
i currently have 3 NH wheeled machines and would like to get a track (LT or C models) machine mainly for delicate surfaces like turf ect but i think i would have to sell one or two machines to afford a track machine..then i wondered about aftermarket rubber tracks as an option...anyone have first hand info on them , any negatives ,and what brand is working out for you?
steve

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

PS i thought i saw somewhere a company that made a track conversion ( for lack of a better term) kit to convert wheels to tracks?

Earthwerks Unlimited

found the conversion kit any thoughts....watch the vids

http://www.loegering.com/tracksystems/vts.asp
Skid Steer Sol.--stay away from. This joker buys the same racks or anything else he doesn't buil;d himself and marks it up DOUBLE AND charges about 30% more for shipping and will lie through his teeth that he has it is stock when in reality it gets sent from he factory and pockets the difference. Another example was a "skid steer backup camera" he wanted something $189 or more plus shipping for--the same identical system sold at Walmart for $99.
Loegerings, if you're talking about the conversion kit, is nicc if you don't plan on, oh... using your machne for grading or anything precise. Why? The front of the tracks are sprung allowing the tracks to go up and down independently. I saw a guy TRYING to clean up Hurricane Karina debris and load trucks with it. What happens is as soon as you pick up a load and take the weight off the bucket the front of the machine drops about what looked like 6". That's fine if you like that sort of thing. But when he would raise the bucket fully to load the truck and drive back and forth to postion himself it looked like a drunk was driveing the machne--he had no control!
There is another option to rubber tracks. Pretty sure Solideal makes a rubber track system that uses two narrow hard-rubber wheels on one rim at each postion. The rubber track has a "backbone" or ":raised spine" that runs in the groove or void between the two narrow wheels. When I looked into it about 5 years ago they were about $3,800--Loegering's package was about $10,000. I settled for the TracksPlus lightweight alloy ones which I used for hurricane cleanup. Other guys had factory rubber tracks and either tore them up or wore them out smooth in about 3 months or less. Another guy had Grouser OTT tracks "bar types" and he amazed how I skitter around the Mississippe mug better than could. I was amazed though that I could get stuck with my 8,000lb machine but yet a 44,000 lb. excavator or dozer would not--well, oaky, they got stuck but not as quick as me. A stuck dozer or excavator is not a pretty thing to witness.