new holland c185 tracks keep locking up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Brando

hey fellas I have a new Holland c185 skid im having issues wit. the machine runs fine for about an hour and then the tracks lock up on me and machine wont move ,if you shut it down for about 2 min. and restart it will track for about five minutes and lock out again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bobcatdan

I'd look at the brake circuit. Either the electric solenoid for the brake has an issue or the wiring to it. Also if the machine has an engine rpm sensor, there could be a problem there. Depending on how NH are, it may be wired if it doesn't see rpm, it doesn't think it's running. I don't think you have a hydraulic problem. A guy in the NH section is really good and probably knows the right answer.

OP
OP
B

Brando

I'd look at the brake circuit. Either the electric solenoid for the brake has an issue or the wiring to it. Also if the machine has an engine rpm sensor, there could be a problem there. Depending on how NH are, it may be wired if it doesn't see rpm, it doesn't think it's running. I don't think you have a hydraulic problem. A guy in the NH section is really good and probably knows the right answer.
thanks for the info i will get back to you tomorrow and let you know what i find appreciate the help much

Mike10

If the brake light on the instrument panel comes on then you have an electrical problem with the operator restraint circuit. If the brakes are just applying then the coil on the brake valve may be going bad. From your description I would lean towards the coil being bad. The brake valve is in front of the hyd oil reservoir on the floor. The valve block consists of the two speed and the brake valve. The brake valve is the one closest to the chain case. The coils are standing upright. First is the two speed coil, then the charge pressure switch and then the brake coil. It might be just as well to replace the brake valve and coil as a unit in case there is something going wrong with the valve itself.

SWI Don

This probably isn't it but check the fluid level in the final drives. If you run them out of fluid and run them hard enough they will quit moving. It's not sudden, more of a progressively increasing drag until the hydros can't overcome the drag. Don't ask me how I know. Don