Traction Tracks; good and bad feedback

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Carolinafun

I have a L781 and found a good buy on traction tracks for it. The ones that has chains and bars over the tires. Any feedback good or bad? I'm havent installed all the way yet, looks like I might need wheel spacers though.

brdgbldr

Check to see if your wheels can be reversed. If the wheels have an offset, then swapping them around may give you enough clearance. This is what I did on my Bobcat 742B and it worked great.

Using tracks has it's ups and downs. All depends on what you are using them for. I had tracks to keep me from sinking down in soft ground. They help spread out the weight of the machine.

If you use them on asphalt or concrete they will damage it. they will also dig into gravel and you may need to rake and re-compact it when done with a job.

I would only use them for snow if it is flat ground (kind of depends on the type of track). Since they spread out the weight the tracks will not dig into the snow as much and sometimes act like skis. Tracked machines are not real good in snow without special tracks.

OP
OP
C

Carolinafun

Check to see if your wheels can be reversed. If the wheels have an offset, then swapping them around may give you enough clearance. This is what I did on my Bobcat 742B and it worked great.

Using tracks has it's ups and downs. All depends on what you are using them for. I had tracks to keep me from sinking down in soft ground. They help spread out the weight of the machine.

If you use them on asphalt or concrete they will damage it. they will also dig into gravel and you may need to rake and re-compact it when done with a job.

I would only use them for snow if it is flat ground (kind of depends on the type of track). Since they spread out the weight the tracks will not dig into the snow as much and sometimes act like skis. Tracked machines are not real good in snow without special tracks.
Thank you. I will be using them on my land, which has hills and low soft areas. I think tire tracks are perfect, just skeptical about Traction Tracks brand and style.

Latest posts