? about OTT tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ddbackhoe

while reading and trying to learn, it seems like OTT's are good but you have to disconnect the front chains. Now the question is, why not just put grouser pads on the rear (or all 4) tires only?

farmshop

With steel grousers we never unhook chains. Put a few thousand hours on them. Not sure about rubber otts

Hotrod1830

With steel grousers we never unhook chains. Put a few thousand hours on them. Not sure about rubber otts
I have heard that temperary use of OTT do not require chain removal. Even long term use, if the tire size is the same and you keep track of tire pressures and flats you shouldnt have a problem. Keep in mind that if you remove the front chains, you will be putting ALL the load on the rear chains. Kinda defeats the purpose of removing chains to eliminate stress doesnt it.

tacboss

I use Grouser OT Tracks quite a bit. They do a great job. No need to disconnect anything if you do like the previous poster stated. Same size tires, air pressure etc. They do make my Bobcat ride a little bit more rough due to the tires riding over the lugs, but overall very worth it for traction and also seems to help protect the tires somewhat while I'm working on rocky ground.

Latest posts