tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

first1last

any feed back on a set of over the tire steel tracks by a company called traction tracks. these are a lighter duty chain style track. im not using my old 743 bobcat to make a living with.

farmshop

Have not experience with that brand we have used grouser and loggering and tracksplus the more expensive tracks do last longer but the cheaper tracks do work if you are only putting a few hours a year on them. Before we bought our t190 we were putting 600 hours a year on steel over tires tracks. We would get about 1200-1500 hrs before they were shot. The cheaper tracks lasted about 1/2 as long

mmsllc

Have not experience with that brand we have used grouser and loggering and tracksplus the more expensive tracks do last longer but the cheaper tracks do work if you are only putting a few hours a year on them. Before we bought our t190 we were putting 600 hours a year on steel over tires tracks. We would get about 1200-1500 hrs before they were shot. The cheaper tracks lasted about 1/2 as long
Always be careful, when only considering PRICE! If what you bought proves to be a bad investment, then you'll have to replace that bad purchase, even if you can not return it or sell it for close to what the purchase price was. Just a word to the wise.

tacboss

@farmshop, I have a Bobcat 763 with OTT Grouser tracks. You say they are shot after 1200 or more hours..... I was just curious as to what parts on them are worn out. It seems that the connecting bolts and bushings and "dogbones" would be about the only parts really subject to wear and they are easily replaceable. Am I missing something?

farmshop

@farmshop, I have a Bobcat 763 with OTT Grouser tracks. You say they are shot after 1200 or more hours..... I was just curious as to what parts on them are worn out. It seems that the connecting bolts and bushings and "dogbones" would be about the only parts really subject to wear and they are easily replaceable. Am I missing something?
We rebushed the dog bones and put New bolts in at about 600 hrs. Now we are at the point of having to take out a pad to get them tight. Our pads are wearing down and I don't think it will pay to do dog bones or bushings as I am afraid we will break pads. The loegering track we had prior started breaking a few hundred hours after replacing the bolt

tacboss

We rebushed the dog bones and put New bolts in at about 600 hrs. Now we are at the point of having to take out a pad to get them tight. Our pads are wearing down and I don't think it will pay to do dog bones or bushings as I am afraid we will break pads. The loegering track we had prior started breaking a few hundred hours after replacing the bolt
Gotcha....Since I don't use my machine commercially....I should get plenty of use out of my tracks. They are in really good shape and I only put about 300 or so hours a year on my machine. Thanks for the info.