99 lx 865 turbo just stopped moving forward and backwards

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chaz2806

I need help as i stated in the subject it just stopped dead in its tracks the bucket still works but the 2 arms seem to have lost pressure. Went to the local dealership and they sold me a switch that leads to the hydro under the seat so i replaced it but nothing. there is a circle gear light on with the liquid symbol in the middle and i can hear a beeping noise for about 30 seconds then it shuts down can anyone please help!!!! Thanks

mllud

Your engine has a built in protection. If you loose oil pressure or the engine overheats it will shut down. The hydraulic system is also protected by censors for heat and pressure.
I wouldnt continue to start it and run until you make sure it has oil pressure to the engine. You may not have oil pressure. It could also be a bad censorThat 30 seconds of running is there so if if a error occurs you can get the machine in a workable situation.
Find out what the light is.
It should still travel unless you are low on hydraulic oil.The boom is intended to lock out in a error condition.
Your post will probably get moved to the New Holland forum. They seperate the brands to keep things straight. No big deal. Yhis is the Bobcat section.
Check all fluids. Im out of time. I have the same N/H you do. Also have books. Try to give the location of the light. Ill try to help this evening.
Mike

OP
OP
C

chaz2806

Your engine has a built in protection. If you loose oil pressure or the engine overheats it will shut down. The hydraulic system is also protected by censors for heat and pressure.
I wouldnt continue to start it and run until you make sure it has oil pressure to the engine. You may not have oil pressure. It could also be a bad censorThat 30 seconds of running is there so if if a error occurs you can get the machine in a workable situation.
Find out what the light is.
It should still travel unless you are low on hydraulic oil.The boom is intended to lock out in a error condition.
Your post will probably get moved to the New Holland forum. They seperate the brands to keep things straight. No big deal. Yhis is the Bobcat section.
Check all fluids. Im out of time. I have the same N/H you do. Also have books. Try to give the location of the light. Ill try to help this evening.
Mike
The light with the gear with the drop in the middle is flashing. Thanks for the help so far. Hydraulic fluid fine. Will wait for your reply this evening. Again thanks!!!!!!

mllud

The control panel has a gear shaped light in the top right corner.This light is for[ hydraulic oil temp.]
The next gear shaped light is on the left lower section of the panel. This light is for [Hydraulic oil filter condition] The EIC continously moniters the condition of the oil filter. A yellow warning light will signal a warning whn the filter becomes dirty. The lamp will flash continously accompanied by 5 second audible alarm when the filter requires resplacement.
There are two gear shaped lights in the lower right section of the panel.The one with the arrows pointing at the sides is the [Transmission charge pressure]When the pressure drops below normal operating pressure the lamp will flash a continous alarm.
The gear shaped light next to that is the [transmission oil temp]When the temperature is above operating temperature of 210f the lamp will flash with a five second alarm.
The switch the dealer had you switch is the is part of the safety interlock system. That system includes the seat switches and the seat belt switches. If there is a problem with either there are two solenoids on the control valve that lock out the hydraulics. this control valve is down under the floor plate between your feet.
Your problem sems to be either a bad censor or a hydraulic problem.You say it flashes and beeps for 30 seconds and shuts down.
It says that if a fault occurs for more than 30 seconds in the following monitered functions the EIC will signal the operator with flashing light, a continous audible alarm and will stop the engine after 30 seconds of operation. [Engine oil pressure] [Hydrostatic Transmission Charge Pressure.]
I would suspect one of these two. The charge pressure is what keeps your hydrostatic pumps fed. It still could be a censor. I suspect the charge pressure or that censor.
Let me know what yoy find. Check for loose wires too. Mike

mllud

The control panel has a gear shaped light in the top right corner.This light is for[ hydraulic oil temp.]
The next gear shaped light is on the left lower section of the panel. This light is for [Hydraulic oil filter condition] The EIC continously moniters the condition of the oil filter. A yellow warning light will signal a warning whn the filter becomes dirty. The lamp will flash continously accompanied by 5 second audible alarm when the filter requires resplacement.
There are two gear shaped lights in the lower right section of the panel.The one with the arrows pointing at the sides is the [Transmission charge pressure]When the pressure drops below normal operating pressure the lamp will flash a continous alarm.
The gear shaped light next to that is the [transmission oil temp]When the temperature is above operating temperature of 210f the lamp will flash with a five second alarm.
The switch the dealer had you switch is the is part of the safety interlock system. That system includes the seat switches and the seat belt switches. If there is a problem with either there are two solenoids on the control valve that lock out the hydraulics. this control valve is down under the floor plate between your feet.
Your problem sems to be either a bad censor or a hydraulic problem.You say it flashes and beeps for 30 seconds and shuts down.
It says that if a fault occurs for more than 30 seconds in the following monitered functions the EIC will signal the operator with flashing light, a continous audible alarm and will stop the engine after 30 seconds of operation. [Engine oil pressure] [Hydrostatic Transmission Charge Pressure.]
I would suspect one of these two. The charge pressure is what keeps your hydrostatic pumps fed. It still could be a censor. I suspect the charge pressure or that censor.
Let me know what yoy find. Check for loose wires too. Mike
When you said I take it the loader will not travel either. During the 30 seconds. Mike

mllud

When you said I take it the loader will not travel either. During the 30 seconds. Mike
When you said it stoped dead I take it it doesnt travel either. I missed part in the last post.

mllud

When you said it stoped dead I take it it doesnt travel either. I missed part in the last post.
I wish I could delete the last two posts.
It was a dumb question if I would have read the Title if the thread. I think its bed time

skidsteer.ca

It was a dumb question if I would have read the Title if the thread. I think its bed time
Mike
I was going to clean the thread up for you, but when I go to delete the post the button comes up as "delete post/thread" and I afraid of wiping the whole thread out so I'll just leave it be.
I believe the light that is on is the "transmission charge pressure, you need to remove the sender and test for pressure with a gauge. the sender can be tested by replicating the charge pressure with a air compressor and a regulator
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
LOL mike, i was going to say you are trying for a record of the most replies to one post in a day :)
I'd delete them but i'm a little worried that it may delete more than just one post, i don't want to make a mistake and kill the entire thread, people may get a tad mad with me if i did that.

Tazza

Staff member
LOL mike, i was going to say you are trying for a record of the most replies to one post in a day :)
I'd delete them but i'm a little worried that it may delete more than just one post, i don't want to make a mistake and kill the entire thread, people may get a tad mad with me if i did that.
ooh snap! Ken you beat me to it.
Glad i'm not the only one thats a little concerned with deleting things inside a post....

OP
OP
C

chaz2806

ooh snap! Ken you beat me to it.
Glad i'm not the only one thats a little concerned with deleting things inside a post....
THE TRANSMISSION CHARGE PRESSURE LIGHT IS THE LIGHT FLASHING. WHERE IS THE SENSOR FOR THIS. AND OR HOW DO I CHECK THE PRESSURE. YOU HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL.

mllud

THE TRANSMISSION CHARGE PRESSURE LIGHT IS THE LIGHT FLASHING. WHERE IS THE SENSOR FOR THIS. AND OR HOW DO I CHECK THE PRESSURE. YOU HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL.
The charge pump pressure censor is in the end of a small hydraulic hose with a wire attached to it.
On my lx865 if you raise the seat and look to the right down under where the engine compartment fuse box is. It is a hydraulic hose about 1/2 inch in diameter. it dead ends with the censor mounted on the end. There is a single wire attached.
Mike

OP
OP
C

chaz2806

The charge pump pressure censor is in the end of a small hydraulic hose with a wire attached to it.
On my lx865 if you raise the seat and look to the right down under where the engine compartment fuse box is. It is a hydraulic hose about 1/2 inch in diameter. it dead ends with the censor mounted on the end. There is a single wire attached.
Mike
WE CAN ONLY FIND A SENSOR WITH TWO WIRE ATTACHED (YELLOW AND BLACK RUNNING TO CANNON PLUG CONNECTOR) NOT A ONE WIRE SENSOR.

mllud

Mike
Sorry the charge pressure censor has 2 wires on it. In kens post he gives some instruction in checking the cencor. To check the charge pressure there is a port that the book shows installing a gauge in the pump.
I dont know why you couldnt put the gauge in place of the censor.
The charge prssure should be between 250 and 300psi. The engine should be at 2225 and 2275 rpm. Mike

foton

if you can get the electrical print out look at the charge pressure sending unit it will tell you if it is a on and off switch or some variable resistance sender and you should be able to test with a ohm meter from that info.

Shanmar

It is an on/off switch, normally open when there is no pressure. So when not running you should not get continuity thru the switch. When running you should get continuity (assuming you have adequate charge pressure).

ryan05

I need help as i stated in the subject it just stopped dead in its tracks the bucket still works but the 2 arms seem to have lost pressure. Went to the local dealership and they sold me a switch that leads to the hydro under the seat so i replaced it but nothing. there is a circle gear light on with the liquid symbol in the middle and i can hear a beeping noise for about 30 seconds then it shuts down can anyone please help!!!! Thanks
Check the main drive system between ur feet. There are bolts on right and left on back. When everything's off and hydrolic pressure released. Undo the one on left side both sides. One side is the emergency shut off system that's plugged in also check it see if anything comes out or that emergency shut off is clean and has fluid.

tech.35058

Actually, I am glad you posted that info.
Sometimes, an explanation from some one whom has been through all this before is very helpful to some ( like myself) trying to "read between the lines" in a service manual. A little experience goes a long way. Thank you.

Latest posts