873 question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

slewpumper

Just joined the forum hoping to learn alittle about what I am about to purchase. I am planing on buying a 1995 873 bobcat. Its has 1800 hours on it and thats about all I know so far. A friend of mine works for Zieglercat and they are shipping the machine from one of their other brances for me to take a look at. So as of right now I don't know to much about it. I am assuming it has aux. hydralics but not sure. I plan on buying a grapple bucket for it. I have a saw mill and want to use it for moving logs around. I guess I would just like to know what other people know and like about this machine. Not sure if I can trust the hours because I think all you have to do is change out the control panel or maybe this isn't like that. Heard the air cooled diesel isn't a good idea but the duetz motor is a good motor. Just chime in with anything you know and what I should look for when buying. I also think I will have them change all the fluids and filters B4 I buy. Thanks in advance.

skidsteer.ca

It will have aux hyd or 3rd valve, 1800 sounds like pretty low hours for a 95, look at the boom closely for loose pins and sloppy pivot points, check the engines breather tube for excess blowby past the piston rings. Make sure the engine is cold so you can see how it starts and how long it takes the exhaust smoke to clear up. Check the foot pedal linkages to see if they have excessive slop. at 1800 the boom and pedals should be fairly tight, not sloppy.
See sorting ash veneer under the general discussion forum, I was just sorting saw logs
Ken

siduramaxde

It will have aux hyd or 3rd valve, 1800 sounds like pretty low hours for a 95, look at the boom closely for loose pins and sloppy pivot points, check the engines breather tube for excess blowby past the piston rings. Make sure the engine is cold so you can see how it starts and how long it takes the exhaust smoke to clear up. Check the foot pedal linkages to see if they have excessive slop. at 1800 the boom and pedals should be fairly tight, not sloppy.
See sorting ash veneer under the general discussion forum, I was just sorting saw logs
Ken
I have had a 863 and currently have a T200. The Duetz motor is fine. It's not really "air cooled", it is oil cooled. I have worked the snot out of mine in 95 degree heat with no problems.
I think Ken's sugestions are great and i will add to them. You will want to get the timming belt changed too.

Latest posts