864 / T200 drive motor.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rodbuilder

With the aid of the service Mgr at Peoria, Illinois Bobcat (this guys is a genius!!) I was told that the the right drive motor is by-passing fluid because the track will roll if we push the machine.....and it DOES!! Sure makes sense to me!! QUESTION: How are these hydraulic motors built - if the 'cylinder" it scored is the pump still rebuildable by pressing in a new "cylinder/sleeve? Having been a machinist for over 25 years, it would be if I made it, but I'm quickly losing faith in Bobcat, after having to mess with their stupid BICS garbage, lap bars, rubber fuel lines, one sensor after the other, and 3-wire electrical circuits!!!!!!! HELP! If I fix this thing I would think I could save BIG money by rebuilding it myself?

Tazza

Staff member
I'd love to get my paws on an old drive motor for one of these to see just how they operate. I have seen piston motors before, but never heard of a sleeve that can be replaced, they generally just say dump the whole unit and buy a new one, after handing over a buch of cash.
Old Bobcat machines were great, the more electroncis that is added, causes all sorts of issues. I have enver played with a hand operated machine, all mechanical linlages for me. I have neer had any issues that have really kicked my butt, but have seem plenty that have for other people....