864 fuel shutoff solenoid issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

diyman

So after several years of dealing with a bad solenoid i'm finally getting around to installing a new shutoff solenoid on my machine. My issue started with the old one getting it out. The solenoid pin was out and the arm couldnt move for me to get it out. After prying the pin back in I was able to get it out. I installed the new solenoid and went to start it and it wont crank. after trouble shooting(starting it without the solenoid in) it runs fine. My manual says to make sure the arm comes in contact with the fuel control rack but I cant see any rack nor feel anything the arm would make contact with. So I thought I would install the old one and try it and the same thing, wont start. any ideas, thanks in advance.

Bobcatdan

When you replaced the solenoid, did you move the electrical terminals in the machine side of the solenoid connector. You would of needed the adaptor harness for the redesign solenoid and the directions are in the box the adaptor harness came in.

OP
OP
D

diyman

When you replaced the solenoid, did you move the electrical terminals in the machine side of the solenoid connector. You would of needed the adaptor harness for the redesign solenoid and the directions are in the box the adaptor harness came in.
it was a like for like solenoid. the link of the one i purchased is below. There were not any instructions in the box for it. http://stores.allskidsteers.com/fuel-shut-off-diesel-deutz-non-oem-for-g-s-t-a-f-series-bobcat-skid-steers-a-6686715-os/ the "Hook" is supposed to come in contact with the "fuel control rack" inside the housing but I cant feel anything or get it to line up with whatever it should line up with.

Bobcatdan

it was a like for like solenoid. the link of the one i purchased is below. There were not any instructions in the box for it. http://stores.allskidsteers.com/fuel-shut-off-diesel-deutz-non-oem-for-g-s-t-a-f-series-bobcat-skid-steers-a-6686715-os/ the "Hook" is supposed to come in contact with the "fuel control rack" inside the housing but I cant feel anything or get it to line up with whatever it should line up with.
Did you check the relay and the fuse for the solenoid? As for installing the solenoid it just slips in to the hole. The arm on the solenoid just pushes against the rack. Overall pretty simple to install, I never had any problems changing them.

OP
OP
D

diyman

Did you check the relay and the fuse for the solenoid? As for installing the solenoid it just slips in to the hole. The arm on the solenoid just pushes against the rack. Overall pretty simple to install, I never had any problems changing them.
found my problem and figured out why i thought i had trouble installing it. The old solenoid was stuck in the "run" position so when I removed it i thought that is the off position. so when installing the new solenoid it was being installed right. Just push it in and bolt it down. My actual issue was a blown fuse but it didn't look blown at first glance. And after installing a new fuse and fixing some issues with the actual solenoid connector it is working fine.