863G lift and tilt locked up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dvlscapes

Hey guys, proud owner of a 99 863G with a duetz engine. I think the problem is either with the seat bar sensor, or the computer itself. When I put the seat bar down, nothing happens, and hitting the green operate button doesn't do anything anymore. If I hit the traction lock overide button, I can drive around, but I am still locked out of the lift and tilt functions. Other details are, I am getting 7.5 volts at each of the wires going into the plug for the lapbar sensor, and the third wire is a ground. Also, the computer is not showing code 11-16 which according to the service manual should be triggered when the sensor is unplugged. Very frustrating here, any ideas?

OldMachinist

There is no change, it does not light up
The sensor has magnets in it that attract metal particles and make it not work. I would try blowing it out with a strong air nozzle first and if that doesn't work remove it per the service manual, clean and reinstall. If that doesn't do it likely it's bad and will have to be replaced. Nobody has figured out how to bypass them yet.

bobbie-g

The sensor has magnets in it that attract metal particles and make it not work. I would try blowing it out with a strong air nozzle first and if that doesn't work remove it per the service manual, clean and reinstall. If that doesn't do it likely it's bad and will have to be replaced. Nobody has figured out how to bypass them yet.
If it turns out the sensor is bad, I have a brand new one that I've never installed. Bought it a couple of years ago when I was having BICS problems, but got it solved without needing the lap bar sensor. A call to a dealer will yield the part number you need, and we can see if it matches mine. RMGHORM at GMAIL.COM (at = @) :) --- RC

OP
OP
D

dvlscapes

If it turns out the sensor is bad, I have a brand new one that I've never installed. Bought it a couple of years ago when I was having BICS problems, but got it solved without needing the lap bar sensor. A call to a dealer will yield the part number you need, and we can see if it matches mine. RMGHORM at GMAIL.COM (at = @) :) --- RC
Thanks Bobbie G we'll be in touch soon So no one seems to think the computer not throwing the 11-16 code when the lapbar sensor is unplugged is a big deal, or a sign of a computer problem?

mrfixitpaul

Thanks Bobbie G we'll be in touch soon So no one seems to think the computer not throwing the 11-16 code when the lapbar sensor is unplugged is a big deal, or a sign of a computer problem?
Another thought...does the machine have a cab door sensor? If not, there could still be wires for it tucked under the insulation near lower hinge location, maybe got wet and corroded??

OP
OP
D

dvlscapes

Another thought...does the machine have a cab door sensor? If not, there could still be wires for it tucked under the insulation near lower hinge location, maybe got wet and corroded??
Ok replaced the sensor and the magnet and no change. When we put the seat bar down, the seat bar light does not light up. And hitting the green operate button does nothing. If I hit the traction override button I can drive but no lift or tilt. We are getting 8 volts on the reference wire, and 8 volts on the signal wire and the third wire is ground. We also replaced the pronges in the plug, so i'm sure thats not the issue. Any ideas? This thing might be going down to the dealer and last time I did that it cost an arm and a leg.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok replaced the sensor and the magnet and no change. When we put the seat bar down, the seat bar light does not light up. And hitting the green operate button does nothing. If I hit the traction override button I can drive but no lift or tilt. We are getting 8 volts on the reference wire, and 8 volts on the signal wire and the third wire is ground. We also replaced the pronges in the plug, so i'm sure thats not the issue. Any ideas? This thing might be going down to the dealer and last time I did that it cost an arm and a leg.
It sounds like you may have a wire broken between the seat sensor and BICS box. If the light isn't lighting up, its either a wire of the BICS box.

skidsteer.ca

Did you try adjusting the sensors magnet position relative to the steel trigger? The gap between the two and the alignment needs to be correct to turns the bics light on.
The only way to bypass it is to power up the hydraulic lock coil and the spool locks on the hydraulic valve with 12v power. Then use the yellow button to unlock the park brake.
Ken

OP
OP
D

dvlscapes

Did you try adjusting the sensors magnet position relative to the steel trigger? The gap between the two and the alignment needs to be correct to turns the bics light on.
The only way to bypass it is to power up the hydraulic lock coil and the spool locks on the hydraulic valve with 12v power. Then use the yellow button to unlock the park brake.
Ken
nice, problem solved. It was the sensor afterall. There was some piece we were supposed to remove that we didn't. Thanks for all the input fellas

Daveb68

Hey guys, proud owner of a 99 863G with a duetz engine. I think the problem is either with the seat bar sensor, or the computer itself. When I put the seat bar down, nothing happens, and hitting the green operate button doesn't do anything anymore. If I hit the traction lock overide button, I can drive around, but I am still locked out of the lift and tilt functions. Other details are, I am getting 7.5 volts at each of the wires going into the plug for the lapbar sensor, and the third wire is a ground. Also, the computer is not showing code 11-16 which according to the service manual should be triggered when the sensor is unplugged. Very frustrating here, any ideas?
This may help temporaral, try dissconnecting the frnt door wiring harness this may free up your bucket positioning & lift /tilt also but if you do this don't forget that you need to keep your door shut at all times exsept while exiting machine beca it will crush your door if you boom up with door open I had one of my employees do this to my door but it only shattered the glass thankfully. Make sure you are getting a constant 12 volts to your battery because a battery drain can cause this problem although your issue sounds more involved but at the least illuminate a low voltage issue. I have found that these issues are often bad grounds or faulty wiring behind the fuse panel. I belive your machine the fuse panel is not in between the operators legs while seated.

Daveb68

This may help temporaral, try dissconnecting the frnt door wiring harness this may free up your bucket positioning & lift /tilt also but if you do this don't forget that you need to keep your door shut at all times exsept while exiting machine beca it will crush your door if you boom up with door open I had one of my employees do this to my door but it only shattered the glass thankfully. Make sure you are getting a constant 12 volts to your battery because a battery drain can cause this problem although your issue sounds more involved but at the least illuminate a low voltage issue. I have found that these issues are often bad grounds or faulty wiring behind the fuse panel. I belive your machine the fuse panel is not in between the operators legs while seated.
I'm not really that bad of a speller, just got sloppy. Sorry and good luck.

Daveb68

There is a video on you tube we're a guy buy passes it by connecting the lift wire to a toggle switch & the hold wire to a push button starter like switch, kinda like the new keyless buttons in most newer vehicles but without a key fob & the push button is one of the older style switches. I'll try to find the video & if I do I will post it for you because I'm not 100% sure on how he hooked it up but I do know he used two of the three wires coming out of the top of the brake solenoid, the part that bolts on to keep debris from getting into the open area we're the solenoid magnet is if you didn't Re-install the cover with the wires & plug that connects to your wiring harness.

Daveb68

There is a video on you tube we're a guy buy passes it by connecting the lift wire to a toggle switch & the hold wire to a push button starter like switch, kinda like the new keyless buttons in most newer vehicles but without a key fob & the push button is one of the older style switches. I'll try to find the video & if I do I will post it for you because I'm not 100% sure on how he hooked it up but I do know he used two of the three wires coming out of the top of the brake solenoid, the part that bolts on to keep debris from getting into the open area we're the solenoid magnet is if you didn't Re-install the cover with the wires & plug that connects to your wiring harness.

Daveb68

I found the video but I'm not shore if I linked it to you page or not?
This Is exactly how it is listed in the you tube site if you did a search for the video, just as I show it with all lowercase letters and no punctuation either. Just as listed below Re: bobcat 773 park brake fix. ⬇️ I copied a photo of the video, but I'm not shore if it will play. If not then just do the search.⬇️

bobcat 773 park
brake fix

Attachments

• 099EE71F-2399-444E-90FB-5C51F7C96B0E.png
    099EE71F-2399-444E-90FB-5C51F7C96B0E.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 90

Daveb68

Attachments

• 5606EF0E-F9C0-41D1-886C-424D8F50BD19.png
    5606EF0E-F9C0-41D1-886C-424D8F50BD19.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 100