863g Boom locking up

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Got to the hydraulic lock solenoid and checked it. It read .03 oms , close to a direct short.
Removed it and put a screwdriver through it and hooked it up to 12 volts.
Acted like a direct short, will see if the Bobcat dealer has one in stock tomorrow and put in and see if it works.
Thanks all for the help from ever body, nice to have a place like this.

mel
I hope its your problem, keep us informed.

OP
OP
M

memco

I hope its your problem, keep us informed.
8:21:03 PM Friday, August 15, 2008

emotion-1.gif
Good news,
With the help of ever one leading me there, I changed the coil on the lift tilt solenoid and the problem is fixed. If I would have listen to the experts in this area, I would have about 1000.00 dollars tied up in it now.
Again thanks for the help.

mel

eddiez

Well I guess its my turn in the barrel. But I have not got into yet. Starts up fine. Push the green button, everything works, lift and tilts fine. In 5-10 seconds I get some beeps, flashing light and boom and tilt lock up. Check alarm and it leads me to 17-06 alarm. I am an old newbe here, so not sure how to start a new thread. I would like to document my efforts on the repair for the good folks here. eddiez

Tazza

Staff member
Well I guess its my turn in the barrel. But I have not got into yet. Starts up fine. Push the green button, everything works, lift and tilts fine. In 5-10 seconds I get some beeps, flashing light and boom and tilt lock up. Check alarm and it leads me to 17-06 alarm. I am an old newbe here, so not sure how to start a new thread. I would like to document my efforts on the repair for the good folks here. eddiez
That code is hydraulic lock solenoid shorted to ground. Lift the cab, there should be a solenoid on the side of the control block that controls the lockout. These can crack with age and short out. It may work for some time and then fail. I'd start by removing the plug and using a meter to see if there is any resistance between the pins and the metal chassis. If so, your need a new solenoid.
Check the wiring around it too, see if it's worn through at any point.